Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can we become truly happy? How can we not only overcome S.A., but learn how to live a self fulfilling existence?

Why are we here? What is our purpose? Do we have one?

I don't think we should look to religion to find the answer, but look to what we actually know.

Consider this: We are here, so doesn't that meant we are meant to be here? The physical world is an unbelievable thing, and so is everything that exists within it. If we are so amazing that we can't even explain how we can exist, then isn't it safe to say that, at the very least, we are supposed to exist?

If we are supposed to exist, exactly as we do, then we are supposed to have the problems we face. Life is supposed to be hard. It's supposed to be unfair and unpredictable.

I believe God exists, but not separately from us. I believe we are all God, and that all living and non living things are God. Quantum physics actually shows us that the physical world isn't as "real" as we think, and that atoms aren't actually made of anything physical when you look at them close enough, but they are composed of the same thing as the thoughts in our head.

I believe the universe is perfect and there is no good, bad, right or wrong.

I believe we are here, simply to be here. We are here to experience life; to feel.

I don't think we need to trick ourselves into becoming happy, but to use logic and prove to ourselves that there is nothing to be unhappy about.

All life is is a series of sensations, a series of moments that have been, or will be experienced.

There is no reason to judge ourselves, because we exist, and that is enough to know we are good.

If we don't judge ourselves, our ego will be useless. Ego is just a part of the self judging process, "What do others judge me as?"

We want to know who we are, but we are no one.

People waste their whole lives trying to figure out who they are, clinging to their egotistical conclusions (everyone with S.A. thinking that they are losers because they believe they are perceived that way).

You are no different, deep down, than anyone else. All you are is a life. You have nothing to defend, nothing to honor, nothing to prove.

All you have is an opportunity to experience life, to live in the moment, to EXIST rather than to just observe.

You do exist, so you know you are good. There is nothing left to judge.

Can you believe that?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, it is useless to judge your situations or your life. Everything is good, because it is.

If something is, it is good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You are here because your mom had sex with your dad.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Very good post. Read Eckhart Tolle lately? LOL. I couldn't possibly of put that as eloquently as you have.

I've learned to detach from the ego and live in the moment as well. We are just living entities living in our "body" form right now. Unfortunately, most people are attached to the ego and live through their ego. Thus, they go around everyday being occupied and controlled by their thoughts, not realizing that they are not their minds. Control your mind or it will control you, that's what I've learned. You must become the impartial spectator (the watcher) of the the mind\ego. You must realize that true happiness, true bliss comes from within, not from the external world. Unfortunately, there will probably always be atrocities in the world because so many people are attached to the ego and embody characteristics such as hate, envy and judgement of others. Be happy with who you are and live in the "now". I also believe God is ubiquitous as well, though (I must admit), part of me does take more of a scientific approach to the world and life's origin.

·
Full circle, new highway
365 Posts
I like to believe that we all have the potential to fly to other galaxies in an invincible body of sorts and do the things we can only imagine; once we are out of these limited bodies. I think that we get a taste of this in our dreams but we will truly see the wonders of it once we die.

I like to read about near death experiences to witness the various experiences of "the other side." Also, people who talk about their drug experiences seem to have different ideas and visions of what happens to this tangible yet fading existence that we term "reality." I was brought up with certain beliefs being born to a pastor and being put up for adoption and adopted by another pastor. But I didn't think that what I was taught by them was all that we could hope for in the purpose and possibility of existing. I believe that there is so much more to this existence. Our finite minds can hardly entertain or imagine these possibilities.

·
Banned
497 Posts
How can we become truly happy? How can we not only overcome S.A., but learn how to live a self fulfilling existence?

Why are we here? What is our purpose? Do we have one?

I don't think we should look to religion to find the answer, but look to what we actually know.

Consider this: We are here, so doesn't that meant we are meant to be here? The physical world is an unbelievable thing, and so is everything that exists within it. If we are so amazing that we can't even explain how we can exist, then isn't it safe to say that, at the very least, we are supposed to exist?

If we are supposed to exist, exactly as we do, then we are supposed to have the problems we face. Life is supposed to be hard. It's supposed to be unfair and unpredictable.

I believe God exists, but not separately from us. I believe we are all God, and that all living and non living things are God. Quantum physics actually shows us that the physical world isn't as "real" as we think, and that atoms aren't actually made of anything physical when you look at them close enough, but they are composed of the same thing as the thoughts in our head.

I believe the universe is perfect and there is no good, bad, right or wrong.

I believe we are here, simply to be here. We are here to experience life; to feel.

I don't think we need to trick ourselves into becoming happy, but to use logic and prove to ourselves that there is nothing to be unhappy about.

All life is is a series of sensations, a series of moments that have been, or will be experienced.

There is no reason to judge ourselves, because we exist, and that is enough to know we are good.

If we don't judge ourselves, our ego will be useless. Ego is just a part of the self judging process, "What do others judge me as?"

We want to know who we are, but we are no one.

People waste their whole lives trying to figure out who they are, clinging to their egotistical conclusions (everyone with S.A. thinking that they are losers because they believe they are perceived that way).

You are no different, deep down, than anyone else. All you are is a life. You have nothing to defend, nothing to honor, nothing to prove.

All you have is an opportunity to experience life, to live in the moment, to EXIST rather than to just observe.

You do exist, so you know you are good. There is nothing left to judge.

Can you believe that?
read the power of kabbalah by yehuda berg and i guarantee it will answer all of your questions

it will blow ur mind

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
edit: post removed

·
Banned
136 Posts
I don't know if I'm 'all good'. This isn't my SA speaking, it's just that I know myself very well and to say that I'm all good is an arrant lie. I find that the people who were the most self- righteous have been the ones who have done the most evil and injustice all the while thinking themselves inculpable of all wrong because. I find that common with church goers and religious people. There's good and bad in everyone. This has to be acknowledged by everyone. What we are most is the side we choose to feed the most.

I believe that we are here to experience life in this existence. We are here to overcome obstacles and learn what it is to be human and we'll keep coming back until we get the s*** right. At least this is how I see things. I think of all of the things that I've had to overcome and that I must overcome and then this belief makes so much sense to me. This belief has empowered me to take steps to better myself in the past. This life is a challenge and it takes constant, conscious effort to better onself. I don't want to end this life knowing that I had power over it but I did nothing.

I do believe that we all have a fundamental human value which makes us all equal in the eyes of God. That is what makes each of us worthy of love, understanding, and happiness no matter how good or how bad we are. The worst piece of s*** in this world is deserving of love and God loves them equally as he does everyone else.

Now, I'm not a religious person, I do not read the Bible, go to church or follow any religious dogma. I do although believe in the existence of God I agree with you when you say that God is in all of us. Every little bit of stregthn, kindness and compassion in us is God.

In this world, all is as it should be. All is as it has been written. Our choices were written before we ever made them. I refuse to believe that life-long fear is what has been written for me.

When I remind myself of all this, I know and I feel that there is more to me than this frightened creature that I am most of the time. I know that my true value lies within my soul and knowing that makes me feel strong and unafraid. I don't feel like a nobody. I feel as though my true worth goes beyond anything in this world. I believe this to be true for everyone. This is always present in my heart, if only it could always be present in my mind.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't read anything lol, I thought of it today.

I never said we aren't spiritual beings or whatever you were trying to say, and it definitely is dehumanizing. It's supposed to be dehumanizing. I don't know if you've heard the quote, "Everything human is pathetic," but it's true. Deep down we are not human, humans are what we are using to experience life.

All I did today was tell myself not to judge myself, or anything for that matter, and it was a great day. I didn't WANT anything because I didn't consider anything better than anything else. Whatever was going on was fine. Also, I kept my ego in check because like I said earlier, the ego is just ONE thing we use to judge ourselves.

Think of the thing you want most in life, then think about WHY you want it. It's definitely about judging yourself in a more positive way.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't know if I'm 'all good'. This isn't my SA speaking, it's just that I know myself very well and to say that I'm all good is an arrant lie. I find that the people who were the most self- righteous have been the ones who have done the most evil and injustice all the while thinking themselves inculpable of all wrong because. I find that common with church goers and religious people. There's good and bad in everyone. This has to be acknowledged by everyone. What we are most is the side we choose to feed the most.

I believe that we are here to experience life in this existence. We are here to overcome obstacles and learn what it is to be human and we'll keep coming back until we get the s*** right. At least this is how I see things. I think of all of the things that I've had to overcome and that I must overcome and then this belief makes so much sense to me. This belief has empowered me to take steps to better myself in the past. This life is a challenge and it takes constant, conscious effort to better onself. I don't want to end this life knowing that I had power over it but I did nothing.

I do believe that we all have a fundamental human value which makes us all equal in the eyes of God. That is what makes each of us worthy of love, understanding, and happiness no matter how good or how bad we are. The worst piece of s*** in this world is deserving of love and God loves them equally as he does everyone else.

Now, I'm not a religious person, I do not read the Bible, go to church or follow any religious dogma. I do although believe in the existence of God I agree with you when you say that God is in all of us. Every little bit of stregthn, kindness and compassion in us is God.

In this world, all is as it should be. All is as it has been written. Our choices were written before we ever made them. I refuse to believe that life-long fear is what has been written for me.

When I remind myself of all this, I know and I feel that there is more to me than this frightened creature that I am most of the time. I know that my true value lies within my soul and knowing that makes me feel strong and unafraid. I don't feel like a nobody. I feel as though my true worth goes beyond anything in this world. I believe this to be true for everyone. This is always present in my heart, if only it could always be present in my mind.
You're not thinking about it the same way as I am. I'm saying there is no such thing as right or wrong.

I'm not saying all our choices have been mapped out for us, nor that you are "supposed" to live a life of fear. What I'm saying is life is set up for us to experience things, and it is set up perfectly.

All the bad things you can think of, they were not supposed to happen, BUT the possibility of them happening was SUPPOSED to be there. If we lived in a world where bad things weren't possible, what kind of existence would that be?

The simple fact that bad things CAN happen is enough to prove to me that they are what we really want. We want to be faced with challenges, we want to feel pain, and all that good stuff. I'm not talking about our human selves, I'm talking about deep down. In our souls, we have everything we want. We just want a chance to live, and that is why we're here.

We're here to entertain ourselves, basically.

I like to put it like this...

Let's say you didn't exist. You were bored out of your non-existent mind. Then you were given the chance to live for one minute, to be put in the shoes of a man getting stabbed and then to die. Would you do it? Or would you just stay not existing and bored?

We want to experience ANYTHING. That's why EVERYTHING is good.

·
Banned
136 Posts
You're not thinking about it the same way as I am. I'm saying there is no such thing as right or wrong.

I'm not saying all our choices have been mapped out for us, nor that you are "supposed" to live a life of fear. What I'm saying is life is set up for us to experience things, and it is set up perfectly.

I didn't say that you said any of this. I just put in my two cents. MY opinion. I also never said that we think the same. Sorry!
If I didn't exist then how could I be bored?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No. But you were disagreeing with something that I didn't say. I didn't say that all you can do is good, I'm saying what you know as "good" and "bad" is a lie.

You said there is injustice and evil, I'm saying there is no justice, and there is no good and evil. Obviously I have to reply to that, because your contradicting something I said to argue against it.

It's like if I told you ghosts were invisible, then you told me ghosts didn't exist because you couldn't see them. It's not a valid argument lol.

Anyway, I wasn't being defensive, just trying to get us on the same page so we're not talking about two different things.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Not judging at all is a flow state that bypasses the critical part of the brain. It is what we experience when we do art, writing, sports, music, dancing, taking in nature, shopping for fun, surfing the net, talking with good friends, etc. It is for safe temporary activities. Or for things we are used to doing, driving, cooking, cleaning, etc.

Some people will advocate not judging anything at all. That the universe has no good or evil, instead of learning how to judge correctly. They feel some kind of relief, but it is not a step forward.

In order to love other people, one of the factors is perhaps.. we need to judge them correctly first for instance. The answer I don't think has ever been the very popular newage - "to stop judging and start loving", but more along the lines to judge them with the correct labels and to be fair and good toward them as if they were your family member..

In the same way, we should judge ourselves with care too. It is hard to do and I have problems myself.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm not only talking about judging people, but to not judge anything. Why should we judge ourselves, even "correctly" as you say? What are we judging?

I'm starting to understand the whole "no self" thing from Buddhism. We have a self, but what is it really? What are we judging exactly?

Why judge other people? Other people are just part of our circumstances. Why judge our circumstances?

I just watched a couple youtube videos about that Tolle guy or whatever. He's all about living in the moment, and I think that's great. I think we should not only live in the moment, but appreciate the moment.

Why are we here? For the moment. It should mean everything to us.

·
ಠ ¿ ಠ
913 Posts
Quantum physics actually shows us that the physical world isn't as "real" as we think, and that atoms aren't actually made of anything physical when you look at them close enough, but they are composed of the same thing as the thoughts in our head.
I like that.

·
ಠ ¿ ಠ
913 Posts
I like to believe that we all have the potential to fly to other galaxies in an invincible body of sorts and do the things we can only imagine; once we are out of these limited bodies. I think that we get a taste of this in our dreams but we will truly see the wonders of it once we die.
Who says we have to die in order to experience all of that?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts