Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dude
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a bit of ramble.
We have experienced many other negative events before, not involving SA. Yet we can keep trying easily on somethings ( maybe your passion?), even with people judging us. I don't have a specific example in my head right now. But with SA it is scary and seeings ourselves fail something SA related doesn't seem to be an option; despite the fact this situation is the same as the other one and we can easily keep trying. Why do you think it is so?

Do you think SA is really a luxury? I mean for many of us, we don't do much and have our lives supported others or by doing whats needed and not more. So we don't have any struggles or have to face any of our flaws, yet enjoy the benefits of survival and having hope. Do you think deep down we want to stay here with SA, as long as we can? Somehow I find the subconscious always wants to go with inertia and stay with what it has always been doing.

PS. Did I use the semicolon right? I have to take English next semester.

·
Registered
632 Posts
for me i don't really know how to fight SA.i just know that i feel terrified when dealing with peoples and i rather avoid it.yes,i have AVPD too.though most of the times i have to face it as well like going to the class.sometimes i just want to avoid this scary feelings.

i'm ok with what i am now.it's not like i want to stay with SA forever but i rather avoid some social situations because it's really scarying me.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well I don't know, I was definitely happier when i stayed at home. Now that I work, I am totally miserable. And it's not the same for people without SA. They can be happy or at least be without anxiety when socializing, mixing in groups, or talking to more than one person. I can't.

Sometimes I think what would normal people do if they had this condition, and my life experiences. My rationalizing always comes back they would be in the same boat as me, or staying at home or doing drugs, or in jail. So don't feel like your lazy or that SA is a luxury, it definitely is not.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
But with SA it is scary and seeings ourselves fail something SA related doesn't seem to be an option; despite the fact this situation is the same as the other one and we can easily keep trying.
No. You have a dependent clause after your semicolon. What follows a semicolon should be an independent clause, meaning it should be able to stand alone as a complete sentence.

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
I don't consider it a luxury. I consider it as a curse.

·
dirt person
2,788 Posts
I don't really think it's a luxury... But I'm definitely afraid of overcoming SA and STILL not being able to form meaningful relationships with people.
What if I don't have any anxiety and irrational thoughts anymore, but still don't know what to talk about? What if SA isn't really the problem but my personality?
Saying "I don't have friends because I have SA", is easier than to say "I don't have friends because I'm not a nice person".

·
Registered
896 Posts
wow! SA is not a luxury. I want to do things in life, but SA and other mental things are stopping me. i want friends, i want a job (i'm trying so hard to get one, and again SA is in the way because it's hard REALLY hard for me to call the places), i want to go to college (skipped one semester going back in the fall) w/o having fear, i want to travel the world. there's tons of things i want and need, and i'm trying to work towards those, but SA aka the devil stops me in my tracks.....it's like when i do something w/ my life the devil comes and then there's a stop sign.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's scary to take risks. And to keep pushing forward despite the negative experiences. You get battle shy. I think it can be hard for some of us to relate to another person with sa because it has so many different levels. One person with sa would be fine going to the store while another would have trouble leaving the house. It's different for each person. I remind myself of that when I read someone else's experiences.

·
Banned
497 Posts
This is a bit of ramble.
We have experienced many other negative events before, not involving SA. Yet we can keep trying easily on somethings ( maybe your passion?), even with people judging us. I don't have a specific example in my head right now. But with SA it is scary and seeings ourselves fail something SA related doesn't seem to be an option; despite the fact this situation is the same as the other one and we can easily keep trying. Why do you think it is so?

Do you think SA is really a luxury? I mean for many of us, we don't do much and have our lives supported others or by doing whats needed and not more. So we don't have any struggles or have to face any of our flaws, yet enjoy the benefits of survival and having hope. Do you think deep down we want to stay here with SA, as long as we can? Somehow I find the subconscious always wants to go with inertia and stay with what it has always been doing.

living with sa and staying the same , not rying to overcome it is extremely comfortabel and we are creatures of comfort

1 - 10 of 10 Posts