Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Why are humans so fascinated with poop?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've often wondered. I mean, all these many years we've had and all the changes we've been through and all the spectacular achievements we've accomplished and we still just can't stop thinking and talking about poop.

·
Banned
4,523 Posts
Poop is an indicator of health. Our natural fixation is to monitor and assess.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Poop is funny to me. Me and a friend of mine from my hometown text each other pics of our poop sometimes. Commenting on how messy and greasy it looks and what we ate to make it that way. It's funny..I don't really know why lol.

Maybe we're just immature idk :p

·
Super Moderator
34,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It can be a great indicator of health.
I think you read it kind of wrong. I'm pretty sure the average person isn't really into studying other people's poop. I meant that people are just fixated on talking about poop and making references to poop.

I mean, how brilliant was the person who decided "Holy ****!" was the ultimate thing to say when you really need to express how awesome or crazy something is?

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
Fun fact, but now that I've started eating healthier, my feces runs through me like water.

If anyone has a hard time getting your goods out of the hole, you're not eating enough fiber. Eat a few apples a day, and I promise, all that bacteria and garbage will flush out of your system like sewage runoff!!

You shouldn't even be pushing, if you REALLY had a healthy diet, that s*** will just pour out...

:flush

Oh god, just had a flashback to 2girls1cup.

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
I thought it was Germans who are fascinated with poo?
If I remember correctly, there was an evil doctor who sewed three foreigners mouth to behind and made them act like a dog...

Wait..Human Centipede not based on true story.:lol

·
Member of SAS
1,868 Posts
Fun fact, but now that I've started eating healthier, my feces runs through me like water.

If anyone has a hard time getting your goods out of the hole, you're not eating enough fiber. Eat a few apples a day, and I promise, all that bacteria and garbage will flush out of your system like sewage runoff!!

You shouldn't even be pushing, if you REALLY had a healthy diet, that s*** will just pour out...

:flush

Oh god, just had a flashback to 2girls1cup.
I actually posted a pic of 2girls1cup but the mods must of took it off. I agree, and you know when you have enough fiber in your diet because the poop tends to float to the top.

·
Super Moderator
34,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am unbelievably pleased to have had Calichick post in my thread about poop.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I read an angry short essay once about how poo is the most creative endeavor that humans don't have to strive for. Natural creation. The writer was upset about the canvass we have, bathrooms that are too industrial and sterile to allow pride in our achievement.

It's funny because you can't have humans without poop. It holds us to the earth. You can be in space but your body still wants to give something back. Aw, kinda sweet

·
Banned
10,878 Posts
Think of all the chemical energy stored inside a stool .. that's wasted by living creatures .

If we could one day swallow a capsule with nano-bots .. which could metabolize these waste products into usable energy .. it would be far more efficient to run a human society .. and you'd have to eat a lot less .. and probably never go to the toilet again :p

After all .. if bacteria and insects eat poop .. then there's definitely still energy stored inside it . It's just of no use to our bodies , because it doesn't know how to digest it .

·
Banned
12,867 Posts
Think of all the chemical energy stored inside a stool .. that's wasted by living creatures .

If we could one day swallow a capsule with nano-bots .. which could metabolize these waste products into usable energy .. it would be far more efficient to run a human society .. and you'd have to eat a lot less .. and probably never go to the toilet again :p

After all .. if bacteria and insects eat poop .. then there's definitely still energy stored inside it . It's just of no use to our bodies , because it doesn't know how to digest it .
of course there is energy in it, cause it can be used as a fertilizer...for crops..

1 - 20 of 41 Posts