Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally whenever im with friends which is most of the time, i feel happy but the second im alone i just feel worthless and sad. Today was the first day i havnt actually had plans and i just feel terrible. I dont fee llike doing anything but sleeping, is this an underlying problem that just comes out when im alone? Its just a extremely lonely feeling and i hate it.
I've also never had a girlfriend or even a friend thats a girl and this upsets me also. I dunno i feel like if i just had a girl to even just hang around with instead of the *******s i deal with daily, things would be much better. I have a tendency to turn down and ignore girls i dont find attractive tho so at the same time i think i do this to myself.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I don't know how old you are, but when I was about 15 to 17ish I felt the same way. I only had a couple friends but when I would go hang out with one of them and see a movie or something, afterward when I'm leaving or they've left I would get an overwhelming and depressing feeling of just how much my life sucked and alone I was.

I think it was just having the wrong mindset whether it was me subconsciously comparing myself to my friends and them appearing to have everything together and be enjoying life more or me just feeling like I only had friends when I was actually around them I don't really know, but eventually the feeling faded away not long after high school. Everything was worse in high school.

Also you should try to be more open to socializing with girls you may not necessarily find to be the most attractive because chances are they can be in the same situation as you and turn out to be the most amazing person you've ever talked to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's Normal

Make friends with God and get a hobby outside of looking for a girlfriend. I used to build custom bikes as a teen - and I'm a girl. Remember, God can always be around when you're alone and he doesn't *****CH. :)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Today was the first day i havnt actually had plans and i just feel terrible. I dont fee llike doing anything but sleeping
I feel the same way, and I'm fairly well-adjusted. Monday through Friday is a breeze because I work. After work I relax and do a couple things I need to get done. Laundry, clean, ect. Once the weekend hits though if I don't have plans to do anything I'll sleep late, wake up late, and generally feel bored and crappy. I think feeling this way is fairly commonplace. What helps me is having things I "have" to do, and when I'm outside of work I'll either make plans to hang out with someone, or get things done for the week that need to be done. Make whatever you do have meaning. Video games and things of that sort can have their place, but I've found that for myself, they make depression worse.

Usually I'll do the laundry on weekend, clean my room if it's gotten messy, BS a little bit online with friends and on Reddit and similar things, and clean out my car. Doing something product can have a profound difference on how you feel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts