Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again, I am staying home sick from school. I feel like 2-4 times a month I get sick with usually a fever and the chills w/a sore throat. I know stress and especially anxiety can hurt your immune system but there's nothing I can really do about that. I get about 8 hours of sleep, I exercise, I eat normally. Sure I could be a little healthier but some of my friends live on poptarts and oreos and get sick once a year. Lately I've been addicted to oranges so I should be getting plenty of vitamin C:yes

I also take a multivitamin everyday.

It's annoying because when I go back to class and have to tell everybody I was sick again they just roll their eyes. But does anyone else have this problem? I'm sure there's a link between sickness and anxiety/depression.

·
Banned
2,768 Posts
Do you have a habit of putting your hands near your face?

I cant really sit diwn at work without doing it and had a year where i got sick like 4 times. So i was more diligent about washing my hands and keeping my hands out of my face and havent been sick in a while

·
Nothingman
962 Posts
Do you have a habit of putting your hands near your face?

I cant really sit diwn at work without doing it and had a year where i got sick like 4 times. So i was more diligent about washing my hands and keeping my hands out of my face and havent been sick in a while
^ +1 This.

Also, stress and anxiety can do it too. I get constant sinus infections. Yes, my workplace is filthy, they don't clean out vents and stuff filled with mold and dust, and I thought that was the cause. I recently read that someone with chronic stress was suffering from sinus infections as well, it affects the immune system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts