Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Why Am I Afraid to Tell You Who I Am?" by John Powell.

I really love this book and it is one of my most favourite books. I really recommend it because it will get your heart and soul in touch with your real self. His words are so powerful, heartful and emotional that it will motivate you to become a better person, naturally.

Why am I afraid to tell you who I am? I am afraid to tell you who I am, because, if I tell you who I am, you may not like who I am, and it's all that I have...

It's a beautiful book.

·
Registered
247 Posts
ireality said:
"Why Am I Afraid to Tell You Who I Am?" by John Powell.

I really love this book and it is one of my most favourite books. I really recommend it because it will get your heart and soul in touch with your real self. His words are so powerful, heartful and emotional that it will motivate you to become a better person, naturally.

Why am I afraid to tell you who I am? I am afraid to tell you who I am, because, if I tell you who I am, you may not like who I am, and it's all that I have...

It's a beautiful book.
nice words they are really true
good book

·
Registered
221 Posts
i just finnish reading that book a day or two ago its a real good book i have to read it again.. im now reading ... Will the real me please stand up by John Powell

·
Seahorse Sam
1 Posts
Nine Seahorses is kind of a sequel to Why Am I Afraid

I read Why Am I Afraid To Tell You Who I Am? by John Powell SJ when I was about 17 yrs of age. It sparked an interest in psychology which has stayed with me since. I have just written and published Nine Seahorses: A Plea For Sanity In Three Parts which is the reflection of some 30 years as a psychologist. If you are very familiar with Why Am I Afraid, you may see echoes of its style - what with the illustrations playing with the narrative and so on - in Nine Seahorses. Later copies of Why Am I Afraid, sadly, don't have the same quality of colour illustrations as the first editions I seem to think. Anyway - for me - Why Am I Afraid is a psychology and "human condition" classic. Nine Seahorses is intended as a conversation-starter and, who knows, some folks somewhere may benefit in miscellaneous ways from it. It certainly carries a message of hope! Best wishes to all administrators and members of this forum :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts