Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And can you remember them? They were talking about this on the radio the other day and I remember there being a thread about this in the past and I'm horrendously bored so I'm bringing it up again. I'm so bored that talking about politicians will make me less bored.

Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister when I was born. I was 4 when she left but I can remember her being in charge. The reason for this was a piece of graffiti across the road from where we lived that said "MAGGIE THATCHER THE JOB SNATCHER". It was probably one of the first things I ever read. Needless to say I didn't have a great impression of her growing up.

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
Trudeau. But three days later, Turner was sworn in. I don't remember either, but I remember Mulroney. Yeck.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Lyndon B. Johnson

I don't remember anything about him, The first president I really remember was Jimmy Carter.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Richard Nixon. I, of course, have no personal memory of his presidency given that he left office in disgrace when I was only a year old.

·
Geese
20,769 Posts
Pieter Willem Botha (South Africa)

Bob Hawke (Australia)

No memory.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The Gipper was President when I was born. I remember as a kid seeing George H. W. Bush visit my town during the 1992 election. I also saw Bill Clinton in 1993 when I was 6.

·
Suit up!
390 Posts
Reagan was nearing the end of his presidency when I was born. I only remember being aware of the president around the time Clinton was in office though.

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
Jimmy Carter. Oh man am I old. I don't remember him at all but he left office when I was like 1 I think. I do remember Reagan being president but I don't think I knew anything about him other than the fact that he was president.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
P.E Trudeau, don't remember him in office but I knew who he was from a young age. unfortunately the first politicians I recall being in power are Brian Mulroney and Robert Bourassa...ick.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Joe Clark?!? Seriously? I must have slipped in during his 4 days as PM.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
When i was born, Bryan Mulroney was PM of canada and Robert Bourrassa was PM of Québec, even thought i don't remember them in office. My earlier political memory is around the time of the 1995 référendum.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Gerald R. Ford - the only U.S. President to (1) not have a Vice President or (2) be elected to office......this was after Nixon's resignation (the only President to do so).

1 - 20 of 93 Posts