Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and if so what's your dream place to go?

I see myself in somewhere very exotic like Zanzibar. I've always wanted to visit Angor Wat in Cambodia. I would love to see Tanzania. Heck I would like to even freeze my butt off in the Artic or Patagonia. I would of course like to see major cities like Paris and visit versailles.

· Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I'd love too. I've thought about joining the peace corps. I'd love to visit Africa and Europe.
Wow me too! That has been a dream of mine but I remembered that you have to go through lots of group training and seminars :afr doesn't sound so good when you have S.A. I read a lot of the blogs of people who are doing it and it seems like everything done in large groups.

· Registered
659 Posts
Wow me too! That has been a dream of mine but I remembered that you have to go through lots of group training and seminars :afr doesn't sound so good when you have S.A. I read a lot of the blogs of people who are doing it and it seems like everything done in large groups.
yeah I know. That's the final plan though if I don't get better where I can live relatively normal life. I used to just say I would move to Vegas, get drunk and gamble every day but I figure if I joined the peace corps at least I could help other people if I can't help myself. I would think those people who joined would be naturally kind and a little more understanding than your average bear. Who knows. I might do it anyway.

· Registered
3,625 Posts
My dream place is New York City. I've been there about 12 times, but that city never gets old. It's the only place in the world that I want to be at.
I definitely agree, NYC never gets old, there's always something to do there at any hour and I love it. It has everything for everyone and it's a beautiful mix. A lot of *******s but a lot of cool people as well, but that's the city for ya.

My 2nd favorite city is Barcelona, fun city, beautiful weather, gorgeous place with some of the most beautiful beaches within train distance. Great tapas, a gorgeous view at Park Guell. Oh did I mention the beautiful women running around topless on the beaches.....best time is to go during San Juan, so you can party on the beach with the Spanish.

My 3rd favorite city, Amsterdam. It's not because of the bud because when I went, I was on a ball and chain so I got to appreciate the cultural significance of the city. The Rijksmuseum is one of the best art museums I ever went to and the architecture of the city is simply magnificent, especially on the river boat cruise. I also went to the Heineken Museum and the Sex Museum, both were awesome. I only wish I went in the summer because in the winter, I never been to a place so damn cold it was zero celsius.

I been to many places, although I still have a lot of traveling left to do. I need to hit up Brazil, Peru, Columbia and Argentina. In Africa, I want to visit Ethiopia, South Africa and Morocco. I also want to see Japan, Australia and New Zealand. Before I die, I want to visit every continent in the world.

· calm
265 Posts
oh there are so many places which i want to see, costa rica, vietnam, india, Maldivia, Kenya and so on. traveling is the best, it provides you experience and nice thoughts you can think back to for a long time.
6 weeks of holiday a year isnt enough at all to see so many different places that the world has to offer. traveling is most fun with friends and for me as backpack traveler, you got to know so many people and end up often in kind of adventures.

· Banned
2,702 Posts
and if so what's your dream place to go?

I see myself in somewhere very exotic like Zanzibar. I've always wanted to visit Angor Wat in Cambodia. I would love to see Tanzania. Heck I would like to even freeze my butt off in the Artic or Patagonia. I would of course like to see major cities like Paris and visit versailles.
The outside of Versailles, meaning the gardens and stuff isn't worth the trip. And the line to get to see the inside is the longest line I have seen in my life, longer than the line to see the inside of the White House. Just sitting on a park bench in Paris is more fun than going to Versailles, thats my opinion.

· resident classicist
4,415 Posts
Places I'd like to go: France (Paris, mainly for the three big art museums), Peru, Egypt, Greece, Denmark, England.

Also I want to go to Chicago pretty much solely to see La Grande Jatte in person.

Oh, and I'd like to return to Italy. I need to see more of the Vatican Museums, one afternoon is not enough time to visit the whole Vatican. And there are way more churches on my list that have scattered Renaissance masterpieces that I haven't seen. Plus I'd like to see Venice, never been there before.

· blessed with lucky sevens
840 Posts
I travelled on my own to melbourne last year which was scary and it was bascially a bad choice...
Some good times but overall bad because of anxiety.
I would like to go to New York and Siberia where my family is from.

· Après moi, le déluge
5,700 Posts
Also I want to go to Chicago pretty much solely to see La Grande Jatte in person.
It is, well, impressive isn't a strong enough word.

My favorite city is Berlin. I've been there six times now. I've never been to New York. I want to go to Italy. I want to go to Istanbul and see the Hagia Sophia. I'd love to go to London. Paris, maybe. I've been to France already, but not Paris.

And after I finish with Europe, I'll move on to another continent.

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

· Registered
794 Posts
I pretty much already have - the number of countries i've been to is endless, and i've been on a round the world trip too. I'm very, very lucky and I really enjoyed it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.