Ordered from least (1) to greatest (5) anxiety-inducer
1. Nuclear family: NO anxiety (just my parents)
2. Strangers: Almost no anxiety (this didn't used to be the case but I've improved a lot since I learned that strangers don't really care about me as much as I used to think)
3. Friends: very little anxiety (I have only 1 or 2 and I chose them based on my comfort level with them- oh, and I only see them once every few months, can I still call them friends? lol)
4. Extended family: significant anxiety (except via online communication)
5. Acquaintances: the ANXIETY METER EXPLODES. These are people with whom I didn't feel comfortable becoming friends and who are on the edge of threatening the walls I've built around myself. I'm always afraid that if they get to know me too well, they will find out things I don't want them to know like the fact that I barely have any friends, don't have a bf, never went to hs dances, don't know about local outings, etc.
Edit: I forgot my #1 anxiety inducer: guys to whom I am attracted
Strangers for me. Peers and work colleagues, superiors, professors who grade me subjectively and are brutal with their evaluations. They don't hold any criticism back and being the way I am (reserved), I catch alot of flak. I am hoping that going through such experiences will make me a stronger person, maybe outgoing and assertive even.