Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do it all the time. I have these elaborate conversations in my head, sometimes I whisper if I'm in the shower or in my room. I don't know who I'm really talking to, but its like I just keep going and going.

·
SAS Master
943 Posts
Me too. I'm living by myself for the first time, so I do it a lot more out loud than before. I don't think it's that abnormal, though. I think a lot of people talk out loud to themselves when they're alone.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Yeah I do it when no one's around. Sometimes I'll be doing it and realise one of the curtains is slightly open and suddenly feel really self conscious. I guess its a way of compensating? I dunno. I am ok with it, except I do worry if I'll inadvertently talk to myself infront of other people.

·
ಠ ¿ ಠ
913 Posts
Sometimes I'll soliloquy to myself whenever I'm in deep thought; otherwise, I tend to speak my thoughts out loud whenever I'm in an excessively angry mood, oftentimes with profane interjections.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I do this too. Sometimes it's better having a conversation with yourself, no-one answers back or interrupts. It's helpful to figure something out or just to accompany when no-one else is around.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Same here. I talk to myself every day, usually I keep it in my head though. But I also answer myself. When I have one thought, I have another that's replying to it as if it were someone else. These two voices in my head that are constantly talking about something. Usually arguing.

I never answer myself when I talk out loud though

·
Banned
1,460 Posts
i do it when im alone is like thinkin out loud and i never shut up :boogie but when im with somebody it's hard to find a topic to talk about :wtf

·
stillborn
1,764 Posts
I do, all the time. I'll have a running commentary going when I'm watching TV or something, I'll talk to the characters and pretend they can hear me. I talk to myself even when others are around.

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
I talk to myself regularly. depending on the situation, I either talk to myself in my head (I worry that my lips move in public, though, or that I've actually said something out loud), or I whisper, or I just say **** it and speak out loud. and then there are the times I'm being interviewed by someone else, and I play both parts, which I've posted about before, sorry if I'm repeating myself.

-It's ok.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I rant at times :mum.

·
herp derp
2,347 Posts
Yes - when I'm in deep thought, I sometimes don't even realise it but even then, it'll be more of a "mouthing" thing rather than actually out loud.

·
rawr?
86 Posts
When I'm angry or upset I do. I start ranting and raving.
Sometimes I really annoy myself so I have to yell at my brain to shut up and stop thinking.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I rarely talk to myself I do think to myself a lot though.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Remember that time when someone asked about that spotted dog? Oh sorry, I was talking to myself. Yeah, I do it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts