Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm a bit confused, when I first started dating ( 3 years ago), I was still pretty much oblivious to what it entailed, I was just looking to meet interesting individuals and make friends, I just figured men pay when you go out on a date, but after a while, it made me feel really uneasy especially after seeing the same person more then 2 times, if they pay for every meal or event, I felt like I owed them something. So now, if I'm to meet someone lets say for coffee, I usually get there earilier and get my food beforehand.

Is there like a rule as far as this whole system works?
I think if a guy asks a girl to dinner, since its more formal, he should pay the bill. But its its a casual lunch date, I dont think its right for the women to assume that they should be catered every time, unless youre in a relationship and one date the guy pays, the next date, the gal returns a favor and so forth.

what do you think?

·
Retired Enforcer
19,113 Posts
If he asked you out then he pays.
If you asked him out then you do.
If it's mutual then you can either split the check or fight it out.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
I think Torlin is right, you either have one of you pay the bill, or you split the cost. It really depends on what you and your date are comfortable with.

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
I think it's nice to offer to pay on a date, he'll probably insist on paying, and you can smile nicely and say thank you. If you feel like you owe your date something because he always pays, why not cook for him?

·
Registered
794 Posts
If you're a feminist, then you should pay half, it's unfair to assume that he should pay every single time, formal or casual.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
If he asked you out then he pays.
If you asked him out then you do.
If it's mutual then you can either split the check or fight it out.
Or MAKE it OUT for it! :troll

My mind is in the eavestrough :lol.

·
Banned
791 Posts
I say pay for your own stuff at least on the first few dates. That way you don't feel any type of obligation to the other person anything if the date doesn't go well or there just isn't chemistry. Then after that maybe take turns.....for example if you're doing something that the guy wants to do and that was his idea he can pay, if you're doing something that you want to do and was your idea you can pay, if it was both your idea maybe go dutch?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts