Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...stand-up comedian?
I watch A LOT of stand-up comedy. I can be in just about any mood and it makes me happy again! My favorites are Mike Birbiglia, Nick Swardson, Tig Notaro, Andrew Kennedy, Kat Williams, Lewis Black, and Tammy Pescatelli. Pretty much anyone who tells a joke with a microphone in their hand makes me laugh though. I simply love the energy of stand-up. :)

If you don't have a favorite stand-up comedian, feel free to tell me your favorite...anything! Fruit, singer, dance...whatever. Go for it.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Christopher Titus, Ron White and Jim Gaffigan.

The Blue Collar Comedy guys are all pretty good.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Doug Stanhope! and Katt Williams lately. I like different styles. There are so many. Russell Peters and Ron Josol are a couple of my hometown favourites too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mike Birbiglia, Russell Brand, Jimmy Carr, Jeff Foxworthy, Jim Gaffigan, Zach Galifianakis, Mitch Hedberg (R.I.P.), Gabriel Iglesias, and Jon Stewart when he did stand-up back in the day.

I definitely recommend these comedians. :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I don't watch as much stand up comedy as I use to I just can't get into the new comedians much, Lewis Black is about the only one I can think of currently.

·
SAS Member
14,413 Posts
I like french comedians, but you guys wouldn't know about them.

One of my favorite ever is Michel Courtemanche.
He's on youtube if anyone is interested, and you dont need to understand french since he's mostly a mime.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Gotta be Bill Hicks. If you haven't heard of him, he's the guy Dennis Leary stole all his material from. Very unconvential comedian who died way too young. I understand many people would find him unfunny, it's more like preaching to the choir about what a messed up world we live in than comedy. He's also the guy Joe Rogan stole his "we're a virus with shoes" line from. It's scary how if you listen to his material about the first George Bush and iraq you can be easily fooled into beliving it's about the current Bush and the mess we're in instead.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts