Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Alone and happy about it
266 Posts
I am extremely close to my parents, especially my dad. They're so easy to talk to when I'm going through difficult times, and they've raised me and my brother so well. Best parents ever. They know that I have SA and that I never go out, but it doesn't bother them. They totally respect my feelings and way of life.

·
Nyctophiliac
327 Posts
My grandma to be honest. She's been a huge help.

·
hermit
754 Posts
I don't have anyone, I don't like to burden people with my problems. But out of everyone in the world, my sister is the closest person to me even though we don't talk and are an ocean apart. She's very supportive and we are very much alike. She tells me all her secrets so I'd like to think one day I could come to her for help.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I agree, it's my mother. My parents divorced when I was 2 and my mom raised me single-handedly. We've always had more of a friendship than a mother-daughter relationship. She supports my lifestyle choices and I support hers.

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
It's always been just her and I but she could be entering a relationship soon and I'm not taking it well. I want her to be happy of course, but I feel like I'll really be emotionally alone once she marries someone.
Do you know the person she's going into a relationship with? I think it would help a lot if you could make their acquaintance and talk to them a bit. You don't have to be best buddies but it can certainly put your mind at ease if you get to know them. I'm sure you're mom would like that too. Your mom loves you and will always include you in her life. Let her know how you're feelings about everything.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I guess my mom, although I don't really confide in anyone. I don't want anyone worrying about me so I usually act like I'm doing great and tend to the emotional needs of others.

·
old curtains
25 Posts
My husband. Although wish he would read up on depression/anxiety. . Think it would help him understand me better. I know it must be difficult being with someone with depression. . But he did put a ring on it.. so....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Probably my mum and step dad because they know what i've been through and understand me more than most others. After that I have a good half a dozen friends I know I can confide in.

·
Moving Towards Destiny
1,835 Posts
Right now my only support is my cat Moses.

Not joking.
Been down here in North Carolina for 2 years and still only have made a few acquaintances and no real friends and I live alone.

It is very very hard.
The walls really start to close in on you.

·
Banned
8,418 Posts
that's good because your mum is not dead

The general expectation is that the woman lives longer than the man

Dad was surprised it is the other way for him

My brother's family are doing well with a newly acquired family after his cancer death. He was my knot with them which seems to have dissolved

These nieces have not yet produced offspring, while my current brother has become a granddad twice

·
Registered
229 Posts
I consider my bf my best friend. He loves and supports me just the way I am. I'm also close to my brother and two other friends but not as much.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My sister. Shes the closest anyones come to actually talking to me about my issues and I tried harder to get better as a result. Ive got no one else to talk to about stuff other than her.

·
Half agony, half hope.
2,717 Posts
I don't have anyone I trust fully. Most of my relationships IRL are fragilely held together in some way.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts