Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are movies with alpha males (that wiminz love) as main characters...

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Alpha-Male-Movies/lm/R1POHF0SYDCOAC

But are they truly alpha males or bad boys, can hollywood accurately portray alpha males in works of fiction ?

If so, popular belief states that alpha males are jerks and thugs who treat women bad... egoistic, promiscuous, never get attached to one particular girl, and that they cheat...
So why are these alpha males nice to women, they treat women with respect, they fight for one girl only and then marry her... they love their wives, etc.

Also, anyone familiar with tv series
"Sons of Anarchy"...?
Can that protagonist thug Jax be characterized as Alpha Male ? He's a though bad-*** mofo who doesn't take crap from anyone... but yet he still doesn't treat women like ****...

What do you think,
share your thoughts on the subject, please.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
These are movies and television shows. They do not accurately depict real life.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
hmm

"If so, popular belief states that alpha males are jerks and thugs who treat women bad... egoistic, promiscuous, never get attached to one particular girl, and that they cheat..."

That's not so much popular belief as the idea about "alpha males" that many people on this forum have. Indeed, people on here do seem quick sometimes to link the words "alpha male" (not really a term that holds very well but I digress) with the words "bully" and "jerk". He's alpha because he treats women badly? No, if he's doing that then the word beginning with a that you are looking for is "abuser". And an abuser is not an alpha male. Alpha male's don't have masters and an abuser is always a servant to violence.

And, of course, so much is discussed on here in terms of "statics". This guy simply is an "alpha male". And then you ask people how they have come to this conclusion and they start talking about behaviours, what this guy is doing, how they have interpreted his state etc. And it soon becomes clear that these things are what, to their mind, make this guy an alpha male. So, it's not a static. It's something any man can be.

But a lot of men make the mistake of thinking that they have to become more like the guys they think of as being "alpha males". Well, if you want to model behaviours and state management from these guys, fine. But it is the act of becoming centre, becoming present and becoming more of who you are that will make you an "alpha male".

"So why are these alpha males nice to women, they treat women with respect, they fight for one girl only and then marry her... they love their wives, etc.""

Because that is an interpretation of what an "alpha male" is and it's a pretty good interpretation. The alpha male is nice to women. Not to get stuff out of her but because that is his way that he has chosen to act out. Why would he need to disrespect anyone? he is secure in himself and the validation is coming from the internal not the external.

And it's best not to confuse an "alpha male" is someone who sleeps around a lot. Not really the same thing. And yes, they find someone they like and get married to them.

·
o_O
6,024 Posts
I think an alpha male would be a guy who's confident in his own abilities and goes after what he wants. Not necessarily a bad person or a "jerk," that has nothing to do with being alpha, I don't think. Though an alpha male CAN be a "jerk". Just like any guy.

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
An alpha male is usually the prominent member (or one of several) of his peer group and has the respect of the majority of the other guys. They don't have to be arseholes at all, but they are usually very confident and uninhibited types. It's natural that their greater influence and reputation will give them a larger pool of women to choose from.

·
Don't unban me
1,444 Posts
sigh :no

Product Description
Dubbed "The lazy man's way to easy sex and romance with 20 or more women a month," How to Become an Alpha Male is the no-risk, never-fail blueprint on how to 'magnetically' attract an endless flow of horny, ready-for-sex women to you... without ever having to play their games or deal with rejection. Sold as an ebook at AlphaMaleSystem.com, John Alexander's guide is now available, for the first time ever, as a hardcopy book. You see, once you have these secrets all the 'work' of meeting women will be done for you... automatically! You can just 'flip on' your magnetic powers of attraction... so to speak... and instantly bring sex, romance and more roaring into your life! Why does the Alpha Male Method work so well? Because it's based on the same hush-hush psychological tactics advertisers have used for centuries to get filthy rich. They work for anyone, anywhere and at any time (no matter how desperate your situation is right now).

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
i wish i was so i could be sitting with my girlfriend next to me feeding me grapes and de-boning my chi ken while watching the TV.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sigh :no

Product Description
Dubbed "The lazy man's way to easy sex and romance with 20 or more women a month," How to Become an Alpha Male is the no-risk, never-fail blueprint on how to 'magnetically' attract an endless flow of horny, ready-for-sex women to you... without ever having to play their games or deal with rejection. Sold as an ebook at AlphaMaleSystem.com, John Alexander's guide is now available, for the first time ever, as a hardcopy book. You see, once you have these secrets all the 'work' of meeting women will be done for you... automatically! You can just 'flip on' your magnetic powers of attraction... so to speak... and instantly bring sex, romance and more roaring into your life! Why does the Alpha Male Method work so well? Because it's based on the same hush-hush psychological tactics advertisers have used for centuries to get filthy rich. They work for anyone, anywhere and at any time (no matter how desperate your situation is right now).
you cannot become an alpha male
you have to be born alpha male I think

and this book is all crap
you know this because when you look it up on demonoid you see three times fewer seeders as that mystery method book

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't think alpha males sit around wondering if they're alpha or not. What's the benefit in finding out what makes a supposed alpha male anyway? It's purely based off perception. A man who has slept with over a hundred women may be considered alpha to the average twenty year old, while the man who raises a family and protects that family is viewed as an alpha male by his son and wife. While I don't like the term in itself, I think any man who makes his own way and pursues or lives the life he chooses is an alpha male. That kind of freedom one has to just go and do what they want is way more admirable than doing the ol' smash and dash on multiple women. I don't think it's all about what you do, I think it's more what you want to do.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm really awfuly glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm really awfuly glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse.
too much science fiction is double plus ungood for mental health

·
Banned
4,130 Posts

This is an Alpha male.

He has great leadership qualities, protects females, the young and the weak. He will have to fight to remain at the top but will eventually be usurped by a younger virile male.

This is the way of the jungle. :lol

IMO it's ridiculous to label each male, alpha, beta etc. I think it's a load of bs. It was probably made up by some spotty faced editor working for a gossip mag eons ago to entertain women and torture men, and so many have bought into it. :roll

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

This is an Alpha male.

He has great leadership qualities, protects females, the young and the weak. He will have to fight to remain at the top but will eventually be usurped by a younger virile male.

This is the way of the jungle. :lol

IMO it's ridiculous to label each male, alpha, beta etc. I think it's a load of bs. It was probably made up by some spotty faced editor working for a gossip mag eons ago to entertain women and torture men, and so many have bought into it. :roll
the original theory about hierarchy in animal world was proposed by some scientist like 100 years ago or something
now he's telling it was all a bs

1 - 20 of 29 Posts