Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there were any other metal heads on here. Discuss what you like thrash, death, doom, etc.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
I like gothic metal, but I dislike the poppier side of it like HIM and Evanescence. Favorites would be Nightwish and Type O Negative.

Also I really like what I've heard from Rainbow (and anything else with Dio), which is probably laughable to actual metalheads but whatever, I like that dungeons and dragons vibe.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,108 Posts
Metal is good! Especially copper and zinc!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like gothic metal, but I dislike the poppier side of it like HIM and Evanescence. Favorites would be Nightwish and Type O Negative.

Also I really like what I've heard from Rainbow (and anything else with Dio), which is probably laughable to actual metalheads but whatever, I like that dungeons and dragons vibe.
Naw dio gets alot of respect from metal heads and you would probably like power metal if you like his stuff.

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
I like old-school metal, like Iron Maiden, Sabbath, and Judas Priest.

·
king of the road
175 Posts
There's not much metal that I can really get into, but there are a few bands.

I like Mastadon a lot. Electric Wizard is pretty cool as well. I listen to Danzig from time to time.

·
king of the road
175 Posts
Ah yes. How could I forget Iron Maiden?

I like Black Sabbath a lot, but only the Ozzy stuff. Although, I don't really consider Black Sabbath a metal band.

·
SAS Member
31,285 Posts
I like metal. I'm not real sure on what all of the classifications are nowadays, but probably the hardest stuff that I liked was Sepultura and some Pantera.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
I like metal, but not the kind where they scream a lot. Some of my favorite metal bands would be Marilyn Manson, HIM, and A Perfect Circle.

·
razzled and dazzled
817 Posts
I've become picky when it comes to metal. In the genre I only really listen to variations of death, black, sludge and doom anymore (there are exceptions of course).

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
\m/

Aw yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

I love:
Finnish folk metal like Korpiklaani and Finntroll
Industrial metal like Rammstein, Ministry, Pitchshifter, Misery Loves Company, Saposmitz
Old school metal like old Metallica, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath
Death, Black, and Thrash metal like Amon Amarth (they're playing soon w00t!) Cannibal Corpse, Cryptopsy, Children of Bodom, Chimera, Lamb of God, Machine Head, Morbid Angel, Municipal Waste, Mayhem, Obituary, Onslaught, Rotting Christ, Sepultura, Soulfly, Soilent Green, Skindred, Slayer, Zyklon.

A big part of the reason I moved to this city is that bands actually play here (unlike being stuck in the sticks). Since I moved here I have seen most of the bands on that list, and a whole lot more besides :D

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
\m/

Aw yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

I love:
Finnish folk metal like Korpiklaani and Finntroll
Industrial metal like Rammstein, Ministry, Pitchshifter, Misery Loves Company, Saposmitz
Old school metal like old Metallica, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath
Death, Black, and Thrash metal like Amon Amarth (they're playing soon w00t!) Cannibal Corpse, Cryptopsy, Children of Bodom, Chimera, Lamb of God, Machine Head, Morbid Angel, Municipal Waste, Mayhem, Obituary, Onslaught, Rotting Christ, Sepultura, Soulfly, Soilent Green, Skindred, Slayer, Zyklon.

A big part of the reason I moved to this city is that bands actually play here (unlike being stuck in the sticks). Since I moved here I have seen most of the bands on that list, and a whole lot more besides :D
Thats alot of good bands you listed and your lucky you get to amon amarth! I've been listening to alot of converge lately anyone else into them(although there metal core)

·
Banned
4,462 Posts
I do.

Most of the music on my Ipod consists of some form of metal or another, such as Blind Guardian, Dio, Emperor, Lamb of God, Dillinger Escape Plan, Slayer, Iced Earth (older stuff), In Flames (older stuff), Shadows Fall (older stuff again), Arch Enemy, Dimmu Borgir, Demons and Wizards, Amon Amarth, Unearth, Immortal, Iron Maiden, Marduk, Nightwish, and so on.

I'm not as into metal as I was when I was younger, but I still like it.

I've also seen a lot of bands live: Slayer, Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, The Dillinger Escape Plan, In Flames, Dimmu Borgir, Arch Enemy, Iced Earth, Amon Amarth, Children of Bodom, and so on.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
I used to listen to a lot of metal back in the day. I have to admit I really dont listen to anything but old school metal when I choose that genre; ah the perils of getting old..... I listen to a rather broad range of music now.

·
Banned
577 Posts
Yeah back in my teenage years i was heavily into slayer, pantera, cannibal corpse, machine head, sepultura, fear factory, etc. But nowadays i can't get into the newer trendier nu-metal and emo related versions of metal. I'm more into straight-up hardcore/metalcore nowadays.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts