Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what selegiline is like, especially for those with motivation/procrastination problems, and how it compares to say, bupropion or amphetamine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I started taking it a few months ago to hopefully counter some of the negative effects of being on an SSRI (motivation, libido, etc.). I haven't noticed any positive effects. I take 1.25 mg sublingual in the morning. Early on, it gave me some increased anxiety a few hours after dosage. Prior to the selegiline, I triied bupropion for the same purpose. The increase in anxiety from this was too much, so I quit after a week. I can't comment on the amphetamines, as I have no experience.

After all the reading I did about selegiline, I had my hopes up. So far, I am feeling disappointed with it. Maybe when I quit, it will become more apparent that there were positive effects.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Damn, I Guess it doesn't work on the dopamine in the way we all hoped. I suppose it's only useful in those with severe disorders with dopamine. As I think people with SA perhaps do have low dopamine levels but not to the same point of people with parkinson's. Not sure if I make sense, but that's just what I think lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts