Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has tried psychedelics and what happened to your SA? I read a few posts here of people trying psychedelics. I am not advocating their use, but just trying to see what experiences people had.

·
PreciousGleamingMcNugget
5,593 Posts
I want to know about this. My mom told me that after she did some it made her have some sort of a realization and was more open and less shy after that. If that was true...I want to try it. I really do. I need -something-

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,121 Posts
I'm curious what you're referring to specifically, LSD? Salvia? Shrooms? In other words do you mean hallucinogenic drugs when you say psychedelics? I suppose the meaning could be obvious but this is just in case all the potheads spring up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I find my social anxiety tends to greatly decrease when I have used psychedelics, but the effects were never long lasting after the use. I tend to get very nostalgic about childhood, and usually have an elevated mood for a few days after. I've heard shrooms might help people with depression, and could certainly believe it. As for social anxiety, I am not really sure how effective it would be, but it definitely gave a less obscure view of introspection when thinking about my anxieties.

·
Banned
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"I'm curious what you're referring to specifically, LSD? Salvia? Shrooms? In other words do you mean hallucinogenic drugs when you say psychedelics? I suppose the meaning could be obvious but this is just in case all the potheads spring up."

I'm referring to any kind of psychedlics. Not anything in specific.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have tried a variety over the years mostly shrooms and some LSD here and there. It's certainly not going to cure you from SA and something like LSD has the potential to make some people loose the plot big style if your not careful...wrong surroundings...wrong people...too much...just don't like it, bad trip....

Interesting substances that can make you look at things in a different perspective to an extent but proceed with caution IMO and it ain't going to cure your SA I am afraid :|

·
Hiding in my basement
347 Posts
Salvia didn't do anything for me, thats a terrible drug anyways. The first and only time I fried my brains with acid, I took a very high dose. Among other things that came from that experience, such as a freaked out trip to the emergency room and a $1700 doctor bill, I noticed that I just cared a lot less, for the lack of a better phrase. I still have terrible anxiety and depression, but before the acid it was so bad I was suicidal. Now I am just miserable and wretched, which isn't much better, but a change. Although, it could have been the fact that I thought I was going to die that changed my mindset. Drugs are bad. Stay away from them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've tried mexican mushrooms on various occasions. There have been beneficial effects after taking them. Id say you get out of yourself and can feel a bit more connected with the world, which I consider to be the opposite of SA, feelings of alienation, disconnection from the world, etc, and really your anxiety doesn't matter. For myself, I always think that I'll get over my social anxiety and I consider it be a lot worse for some others. This I can take in to my trip and it can be a nice time and can be beneficial for a week or so. I have also, taken a few drugs in my lifetime so I'm quite used to the effects. In my opinion you need to have that positive thought in your psyche, that'll keep you strong if it does feel like its going wrong. But with anybody suffering from any form of anxiety, I would not recommend any form of drug, which is a stimulant or psychedelic. In my overall opinion I would not do it, if it goes o.k. you may be slightly euphoric for a week, but the anxiety will come back. If it goes wrong, you could set yourself back years and do yourself some psychological damage.

·
Registered
32 Posts
psychedelics? wouldn't know

want to feel what it's like to be 'on' in social situations? GHB or GBL. Oh, but the world took that away.

·
ISFJ
1,473 Posts
I tried Salvia and stared death in the face. I will never attempt to commit suicide ever again because I KNOW that I'm not ready to die. That was a terrible experience.

I did shrooms, and it just messed up my brain for a long time. I did way too many, and time slowed down so much. 1 minute felt like an hour. The visual effects happened at like 5 am, 8 hours after I first took them. That was the only cool part of it.

Weed, was just mellow and made my SA much much worse.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts