Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ChromaToast
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sick of being told to "just snap out of it" when in a full blown panic attack! I don't know how to respond to his assenine comment!? So I just stay silent. What's a good frickin smack to the face reply?? An analogy, or quick comeback that will shut him up for good!.and maybe actually make him understand?

·
ChromaToast
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem is, they HAVE!...bullcrap breathing, positive thoughts, a walk! Grrr....its like telling a parapalegic in a wheelchair to slam dunk a basketball,,,, just do it!

·
Registered
565 Posts
''Nice advice, Professor. Would you tell a rape victim or a soldier with post traumatic stress to snap out of it too?? The mind is more complicated than that, but thanks for you're armchair medical advice.''

It's not great, but that's probably what I would have said, lol

·
SAS Member
13,226 Posts
Respond w/ it's impossible to change yourself overnight, then, I guess. If they say something stupid, like, "no, it isn't" then again tell them to give you a step by step.

Or better yet, save your energy and walk away. I think the number one way to offend someone (if that's what you're after) is to ignore them/what they say.

·
wtvs
749 Posts
do a snap at yourself

and then say: oh im all fine now! with this face on

youve literally snaped out of it

maybe its retarded but thats what id say probably p;

·
Banned
12,868 Posts
Thanks for the great advice, but why would I listen to you...?.....this reply has sarcasm and passive aggressiveness..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts