Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For guys and girls.....Who has experienced that dilemma when you see a girl or guy you are attracted to but find out that he or she is way out of your league?......I'm just curious......it happens to me daily

·
metamorphosis
7,002 Posts
For guys and girls.....Who has experienced that dilemma when you see a girl or guy you are attracted to but find out that he or she is way out of your league?......I'm just curious......it happens to me daily
Yep, but the problem is that I know that they are actually not out of my league, but it's really just my anxiety holding me back.

·
Goofy Goober
1,520 Posts
Yeah that has happened to me a couple of times. But, in my experiences, the guys turn out to be jerks so I don't care how attractive they are anymore. Bad personalities are a total turn off for me.

·
By myself, but not alone.
501 Posts
I'm past that part of my life. Now I'm at the point where I'm more attracted to girls that I think I have a chance with. (Below plain Jane level)

Also
I'm attracted to ugly guys

·
Within you, without you
94 Posts
That used to happen to me often, but once I started paying attention to who a lot of the girls I found attractive really were, I didn't see them as attractive at all afterwards. Now the really nice and caring girls are the ones that I find attractive, I do still have those occasional first encounters with girls who are physically attractive, but I try to ignore it the best I can until I can see who they really are.

But either way, they're all out of my league anyways :p haha

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, but the problem is that I know that they are actually not out of my league, but it's really just my anxiety holding me back.
There is this one girl who is probably right in my league but I don't really talk to people so that is what is holding me back along with my anxiety and the fact that every day I mentally beat down on myself a bout the fact that I can't talk to the girl and I have had a crush on her since 7th grade.....I'm now a sophomore in highschool.......... I have never talked to her even once.......I chatted her on Facebook once last year but that was it.......since then I haven't talked to many girls accept when they approach me.....it really sucks but I don't know what to do......I wanted to get to know her and ask her to the school dance which is tomorrow.....but since I have never talked to her.....I wasn't able to do this and therefore I'm not going to the dance.......I wanted to ask her last year too but I had never talked to her before then either, so I didn't go to that dance as well......I just really feel like **** because I can't talk to her and girls in general.....I don't know what to do

1 - 11 of 11 Posts