Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know what im supposed to feel from meds, but it seems like im trying to inject water into a brick here

I've been on Zoloft, Ambien, Citalopram, Lexapro, Cymbalta, Selegiline, Mirtazapine, Pristiq, Valproate, Seroquel, and nearly every supplement on the market.

The only effects these have had for me is a 5% chance to make me manic, 90% to do absolutely nothing, and a 5% chance to make me suicidal. Some of the SSRI's gave me energy to exercise but thats about it.

It doesn't stop there either.
I've never got any sense of euphoria from Weed, Oxycodone, MDMA (for god sake), DXM, or alcohol/benzo's. Caffeine doesn't effect me, in fact i usually nod off when i take high doses of it.

The only thing thats ever brought me to a state where i feel comfortable with life is Dexamphetamine. All the others have helped a bit, but i was always uncomfortable. Dex made me feel like everything was going to get better, It brought back the fire i had when i was a little kid. Then my ****-for-brains psychiatrist told me i dont have ADD so he wont prescribe it.. Even though it helped me.

This sucks :bash, Anyone else like this?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dexees are addictive even though it feels great, plus you won't be able to sleep. It looks like your shrink is covering himself in case you get addicted because he prescribed it to you.

It's a bit like the benzos such as Valium which "lift the weight off your shoulders" for a while but are extremely addictive and hard to withdraw from if you have been taking them daily for a long time.

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
I'm kind of this way. Did you not feel anything at all from Ambien, though. That one helped me sleep, or it did some "weird" stuff when I tried to fight sleeping. I haven't tried any illicit drugs, but alcohol just makes me kind of tired/less anxious. Nardil is the only medicine I've found to help both my anxiety, depression, and energy levels. Klonopin calmed me down for a bit until I gained tolerance. No SSRI/SNRI really helped at all.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm kind of this way. Did you not feel anything at all from Ambien, though. That one helped me sleep, or it did some "weird" stuff when I tried to fight sleeping. I haven't tried any illicit drugs, but alcohol just makes me kind of tired/less anxious. Nardil is the only medicine I've found to help both my anxiety, depression, and energy levels. Klonopin calmed me down for a bit until I gained tolerance. No SSRI/SNRI really helped at all.
I kinda forgot about ambien, it was about a year ago i took it. I remember the first time i took it i actually had a sense that everything was going to get better for about half an hour. But after that it didn't help me much sleep and it made me massively manic when i drank alcohol with it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like you'd just be better of with exercise and really seldom prn use of dex and benzos.
I gave exercise a good go, and i mean 6 months of 1/2 hours a day. Now i just cant be bothered, since im more depressed than i was then.

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
well at least you don't get the nasty side effects...or do you?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Yeah i am the same... no side effects either so it's like i'm taking nothing
Weed, XTC and alcohol i do get an effect from though

·
bye bye
549 Posts
Wow, are you sure you took MDMA, like did you do a test on it? :um Anyways, yeah, I fit in the same camp as you, as far as not responding well to common pharma drugs. Haven't found anything beyond sleep deprivation or binge eating to combat anhedonia. Dex makes me want things, especially wanting to be social, and including wanting to live, so that alone makes it a very useful tool to me as well. However, I don't get happiness or euphoria from the drug, and I can't quite figure out how much dex might actively numb my emotions and/or happy feelings in general.

·
Registered
28,013 Posts
I think because I'm a naturally sleepy person, I don't feel too much from stimulants. I did cocaine 3 times and only felt something once. On the other hand, I only need to take a small amount of a downer to feel sleepy. Just half a pill of this over the counter sleeping pill I take will put me to sleep. The normal dosage is 2 pills.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Dexees are addictive even though it feels great, plus you won't be able to sleep.
Want to know what I did the first time I ever tried dex 10 years ago? I took a 3 hour nap and woke up highly unimpressed by it's inability to keep me awake.

It was given to me by a guy who couldn't stand it due to insomnia. Sure didn't have that effect on me.

It does feel good, but it's useless in terms of staying awake.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, are you sure you took MDMA, like did you do a test on it? :um Anyways, yeah, I fit in the same camp as you, as far as not responding well to common pharma drugs. Haven't found anything beyond sleep deprivation or binge eating to combat anhedonia. Dex makes me want things, especially wanting to be social, and including wanting to live, so that alone makes it a very useful tool to me as well. However, I don't get happiness or euphoria from the drug, and I can't quite figure out how much dex might actively numb my emotions and/or happy feelings in general.
My freinds took the same pills and they were rolling hard. I sorta felt heaps drunk but without the sleepiness/clumsiness/co-ordination. Theres was no 'i love everything' feeling. But i guess the situation was pretty ****.

I dont want happiness or euphoria from a drug, i want a drug that will allow me to seek it out in life without being pulled down with this depression/SA bull****.

Does dex numb your emotions? it seemed to amplify mine when i was on it

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Want to know what I did the first time I ever tried dex 10 years ago? I took a 3 hour nap and woke up highly unimpressed by it's inability to keep me awake.

It was given to me by a guy who couldn't stand it due to insomnia. Sure didn't have that effect on me.

It does feel good, but it's useless in terms of staying awake.
It gives me insomnia when i take it from 4pm onwards but i was sleeping pretty well when i took it in the morning

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
My brain is super sensitive to change but within about a week it can adjust to pretty much everything. I hit the max dose of everything within a week or 2 frustrating my doctors. However they then think they can prescribe me the highest dose of something and sometimes in capsules that I can't cut right from the beginning. I've spent a few days high, a few days in manic states, and a few days with my head exploding and wanting to smash it against a wall because it can't handle that large of changes all at once. I'll soon hit that dose but I have to start much lower and double it every day or 2 to keep it working until I get there.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I've never got any sense of euphoria from Weed, Oxycodone, MDMA (for god sake), DXM, or alcohol/benzo's.
Benzos do very little for me, but alcohol effects me in the expected & typical manner at quite ordinary dosages.

I'd be curious to know what amount of alcohol can you take without really feeling an impact? If we gave you a liter of 80-proof liquor and paid you to chug in a matter of minutes would it still have no real effect? That should bring BAC up to near 0.50, a level where death is quite possible.

Of course, I recall reading about a guy who was pulled over for drunk driving somewhere in the world and his BAC was an unbelievable 3.50, the highest BAC ever recorded in a live human. His blood contained almost as much alcohol as light beer!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Benzos do very little for me, but alcohol effects me in the expected & typical manner at quite ordinary dosages.

I'd be curious to know what amount of alcohol can you take without really feeling an impact? If we gave you a liter of 80-proof liquor and paid you to chug in a matter of minutes would it still have no real effect? That should bring BAC up to near 0.50, a level where death is quite possible.

Of course, I recall reading about a guy who was pulled over for drunk driving somewhere in the world and his BAC was an unbelievable 3.50, the highest BAC ever recorded in a live human. His blood contained almost as much alcohol as light beer!
I never said it doesn't effect me, i just said i dont get any euphoria or happy feelings.

I actually have a massive natural tolerance to alcohol. (And Oxycodone/Valium). I can drink the amount that would normally have people stumbling and be able to hold myself fine.

I took 30mg of oxycodone and didn't feel anything. 10mg of valium was like one beer.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My brain is super sensitive to change but within about a week it can adjust to pretty much everything. I hit the max dose of everything within a week or 2 frustrating my doctors. However they then think they can prescribe me the highest dose of something and sometimes in capsules that I can't cut right from the beginning. I've spent a few days high, a few days in manic states, and a few days with my head exploding and wanting to smash it against a wall because it can't handle that large of changes all at once. I'll soon hit that dose but I have to start much lower and double it every day or 2 to keep it working until I get there.
Do meds work for you though?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Currently I take 200mg seroquel, 45mg mirtazapine, 900mg neurontin/gabapentin, 6mg lunesta, and newly doral. With otc 40mg melatonin, 800-900mg valerian root. It wasn't doing anything (not anxiety, depression, or insomnia) until the doral/quazepam which seems to be working on insomnia. We'll see how long that lasts.

Nearly all pain killers do nothing either. NSAIDS are sugar pills including the prescription ones I've been given. Codiene and prednisone do work but dunno for how long since it's generally not something you get a long prescription of. Hydrocodone does something at 3 times the usual dose which is vomiting and that's it. Alcohol does not effect me unless I chug more than my stomach can handle and then I feel drunk for about 30mins before I vomit and feel like I never drank anything. I can take shots all night so long as I don't surpass what my stomach can process at one time and I'll feel perfectly normal with normal reflexes.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I never said it doesn't effect me, i just said i dont get any euphoria or happy feelings.

I actually have a massive natural tolerance to alcohol. (And Oxycodone/Valium). I can drink the amount that would normally have people stumbling and be able to hold myself fine.

I took 30mg of oxycodone and didn't feel anything. 10mg of valium was like one beer.
I doubt your super human abilities :p
I can understand pharma drugs not doing **** coz thats what they did for me but alcohol and harder drugs not doing much for you ?
No

1 - 20 of 37 Posts