Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this to do with social anxiety or not..

I feel like no one "normal" has ever thought much of me, the normal people I have dated have moved on quickly and never moped around, it makes me feel bad about myself. The ones who don't move on are the strange desperate people. Like this one guy I only dated for 3 months as a rebound, he got insanely jealous when I moved on quickly. He even started trying get me to meet up with him when he was drunk like 9 months later, we only dated for 3 months!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is this to do with social anxiety or not..

I feel like no one "normal" has ever thought much of me, the normal people I have dated have moved on quickly and never moped around, it makes me feel bad about myself. The ones who don't move on are the strange desperate people. Like this one guy I only dated for 3 months as a rebound, he got insanely jealous when I moved on quickly. He even started trying get me to meet up with him when he was drunk like 9 months later, we only dated for 3 months!
you're wrong
i am thinking of you lol

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Na i dont think its anything to do with substance, i get this with "normal" people and the exact same as you described with desperate people.
I think with normal people its kinda a vibe thing, if they sense something is slightly off they tend to be a bit skittish.
With desperate people i think they are just happy to have some one paying attention to them even things may not necessarily be right.
that's just my thoughts, im hardly a normal person if such a thing exists!

·
I just dropped in...
892 Posts
I think it's because you're deciding who is normal and who isn't normal AFTER seeing how they react to you, not before.

- If a guy clings to you and wants you back, you'll think he's desperate and abnormal.
- If a guy moves on and doesn't seem attached to you, you'll think he's a healthy, attractive person.

You want people to think of you, but only if they're not currently thinking of you. Only if it seems like a "challenge" to you. Once you've gained their interest or attention, they're no longer interesting to you.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it's because you're deciding who is normal and who isn't normal AFTER seeing how they react to you, not before.

- If a guy clings to you and wants you back, you'll think he's desperate and abnormal.
- If a guy moves on and doesn't seem attached to you, you'll think he's a healthy, attractive person.

You want people to think of you, but only if they're not currently thinking of you. Only if it seems like a "challenge" to you. Once you've gained their interest or attention, they're no longer interesting to you.
Lol yeah some of that is true but I have noticed the people you find unattractive seem to praise you more than the people you do. It would me nice not to be the fool for once and have someone mope around after me. 2 months is not long enough for me. I know a guy who dated someone for only 3 months, it finished with them on 2nd November last year and he still wants them back, I wish someone would think about me like that. If my exs feelings were real he wouldn't of risked going onto someone else and I think he knows that. Infact it took my ex one month.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts