Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1243 Posts

·
Barbells and kittens
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just to name a few random songs that I love. The whole decade was amazing for music and not just alternative, but all genres in my opinion.

·
Loser
729 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of 90s music, but there's some stuff that I really, really love. Like Whigfield, or... erm... Gina G.

And Billie, obviously.

·
Barbells and kittens
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha, posted Bound For the Floor one minute before I did. It's one of my all-time favorite songs! Cheers!:drunk
I wish modern bands could recreate this kind of sound today, but it's just not the same. Even the bands from back then that make new albums don't do it for me.

·
Despite all my rage..
2,757 Posts
I wish modern bands could recreate this kind of sound today, but it's just not the same. Even the bands from back then that make new albums don't do it for me.
True, I feel so old because I just can't get into alot of new stuff anymore, and like you said, even new stuff from the bands that I like isn't satisfying me that much. I always just go back and listen to the albums and songs I grew up with.

Local H are great, by the way, you could check out their albums. TONS of great songs. They're still around too. Newest album was released in 2012 and it's pretty decent.

·
Barbells and kittens
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There was definitely some good music coming from over in that part of the world, too.

·
Barbells and kittens
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I almost forgot this one, I had this on a cassette when I was a kid. I can't even think of the 90's without some Crash Test Dummies.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Damn, Nostalgia KO'd me bad !

I do remember watching/listening to most of the songs posted here back in the day of course

·
Barbells and kittens
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Grew up listening to 90's rock. Soundgarden is my favorite band. Grunge and 90's Alternative are my fave genres.
And you're from the Midwest? That's awesome. I like Soundgarden, but I didn't care much for what I heard from their new album. Have you heard this Billie Jean cover by Chris Cornell? It's one of my favorite covers.

·
Dinner's in the Oven
895 Posts
There was some music I liked in the 90s, such as Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Annihilator, the 90s albums by Blitzkrieg, Demolition Hammer, a lot of early to mid 90s death metal and black metal.

1 - 20 of 1243 Posts