Votes: 6 13.0%
  • not at all

Votes: 12 26.1%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hate my mother in ways, and same with my step-dad, I've known that for ages too, but I don't want to write his name over and over again (which is the same as a street name I need to write atm), its repulsive to have to write it. He's done a lot of good things for me over the years, in some ways u can't get better parents. And he never had to spend a dime on me but he did.

But I do hate him in ways too, and its all tied in to how bad I did socially with peers and my lack of girls...not getting into all that now.

I hardly ever talk to them, but I don't curse at them or tell them how mad I am at them or how much of a failure they were for raising me...the failure, I bear a lot of responsibility too I know, I'm only trying to fix some stuff now.

If I was normal, I mean if I had friends and GFs, I would not have to hate them, and I feel bad about it.......but its true, I do hate them in ways. If they died tomorrow my biggest concern would be no birthday or christmas money. If I was normal I would not need their money or help.

My preferred nice way to "deal" with them...would be to never see/talk to them again, but have them live happy the rest of their old age. Trust me I can think of less pleasant things for people I don't like much

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
If I was normal, I mean if I had friends and GFs, I would not have to hate them, and I feel bad about it.......but its true, I do hate them in ways. If they died tomorrow my biggest concern would be no birthday or christmas money. If I was normal I would not need their money or help.
I'm experiencing trouble with rage toward my parents right now, too. I do think my stuckness socially factors into not being able to let go of the past or wanting a loving, welcoming, safe family. I want to rehab those relationships instead of leaving them because I feel like I don't have anywhere else to go, so I push for change and try to stand up against abuse when it's thrown at me, but that causes big fights and a lot of stress. If I had somewhere to go where I truly felt accepted the way I am and loved, I think it would be easier to release the past. Anyway, I'll be working on it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
No, I don't hate my mother...She did the best she could at the time. As for my father...I used to hate him, but I don't hate him anymore. I've forgiven him, even though he refuses to acknowledge anything. I haven't seen him in 10 years because he doesn't want anything to do with me. Not that I really care, it's his loss really.

·
Cynical From Birth
13 Posts
I don't hate them, they're more like this icky thing I've had experiences with I just want to forget about and never see again. That's not just my parents however, that includes my family as a whole.

·
Bella Confusione
77 Posts
NO I dont hate them.. and I never would.. I felt many time misunderstood because it felt like everything I do it was never enough or it was always wrong.. My mom passed in 2012 and after her death I think often about certain situations but I dont see them like I did in the past anymore.. She never misunderstood me or thought Im not good enough and so on.. it was more an advise she gave me...
I honestly think hate is a strong word

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I don't, they and my brother are everything to me. The ones who have never failed me, who I will always have and the ones I owe everything to.

·
Anhedonic
212 Posts
I love them but I am still carrying a bit of resentment over their treatment of me when i was a child.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I love my biological mother, hate my biological father, and love my stepfather.

My mom has supported me unconditionally at every stage of my life. My father was an alcoholic, abusive psychopath. My stepdad is the father I've always wanted.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
i hate my parents very very much.But i hate my elder sister even more to the point that i would gladly put a bullet in her head if i could.But i wouldn't coz i want to go in heaven after i die which is hopefully soon.

·
Hiding In My Den
1,955 Posts
I hate mine so so so much. They were horrible people and horrible parents. Letting my mom rot in an unmarked grave since she "borrowed" several thousand off my credit card and wasn't even apologetic about it. As for my dad if you can call him that, he's still alive unfortunately. He abandoned me as a kid, wanted back in my life last year, yet wasn't willing to do anything to make it up to me. Doubt I'll get the opportunity to since I have a half sister whos just as bad a person as him, but would love to let him rot in an unmarked grave too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My opinion of my parents goes back and forth. They are supportive in some ways, so I'm unable to hate them, but the things they say to me can become grating.

My mother constantly nitpicks my appearance and diet. Her answer to everything is that I'm not "trying hard enough". I know she's only worried I'll end up like her so I can forgive her for most of it.

My father's method of motivation is to bully. He's called me wuss, loser and retard. He's made fun of me in front of other family members. I just do my best to ignore and avoid him at social gatherings.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My parents are a large reason why I have SA. Elementary school was the last time I had friends, and got invited multiple times to sleep overs, pool parties, etc, but they would never let me go and would say that other people were a bad influence. So after elementary school I started drifting apart from my friends and was never able to develop social skills like a normal person and here I am today with the worst SA/social skills I've seen in a human and unbearable depression. My 2 other siblings are normal though so I'm sure theres some genetic aspect of why I am like this (as well as the sheltered environment). Funny part is they don't realize I have depression/SA all these years and never bothered to talk about it even though I'm on the computer 10 hours a day doing nothing, they think this is normal.

I don't hate them but I'm bitter that they're partly the reason why I am like this.

·
o_O
6,024 Posts
I don't hate my parents but they are the main reason for me not having a social life. So I'm not thrilled with them. When I'm old, I have a bad feeling I will resent them for sheltering me too much in my younger years and stunting my emotional growth.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts