Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting afraid of my future...I have no idea how it'll turn out. I keep telling myself it'll be fine, keep taking school, i'll eventually have a job and be happy. I somehow fool myself into believing the next time I have to be around people, I won't be the quiet guy. I'm taking college online...because I don't drive so I can't get around very well. I barely ever posted here, but this just really scared me: http://www.salon.com/mwt/col/tenn/2009/05/06/harvard_grad/

That is how I see my future. :( I'm not even sure I want to do with my life. I think I'm interested in computer science...but I just don't know. I can't tell anyone exactly what my interests are, because all I ever do is browse the internet. I might graduate with a computer science degree, start working in a cubicle and suddenly realize I'm not happy at all. How can I find myself? I'm stuck at home, don't really have any friends, and going for an online degree to feel like I'm moving forward.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well, I'm no expert, but why don't you drive? It makes everything a lot easier as far as being stuck at home, you can then leave at your own behest. That article had a lot of home truths for me, I've been back at home for about seven months now and I've been a lazy *******. If your degree isn't floating your boat, maybe look at some other ones. It might not be your life's passion, but a degree will make a lot of difference in the type of job you can get. I've done some college, no degree, and had a lot of awful jobs. Try to realise what work you can end up doing if you have no education and need to survive. A lot of it isn't fun. This post and the article really made a lightbulb go off for me though, thanks man.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd love to get out and start driving on my own, it would give me a lot of confidence. I just never had much motivation because I don't go out with friends or any of that. I had a wreck once that was my fault and made me think I'm not ready to drive on my own. There's always been someone in the car with me. That'd be the first step I suppose. :/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts