Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went to get my hair and my nails done. I don't even know who I became or why, but I was talking to everybody about whatever came up and I even started some conversations on my own. It was funny, in fact. I had a bottle of water with me and halfway through putting the highlights in my hair, my hairdresser, who I've been going to for about 8 years now, she noticed I was acting so out of character she asked me if it was really water in my bottle. And it was.

I hope it's a permanent change because I really enjoyed being free and able to talk to people and have a good time. However, I am prepared for the few steps back that are pretty much inevitable. It was completely worth it though, so it can be done!

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
ErinMarie1011,

I like the thread topic "Who am I?" It's kind of weird when you ask yourself that question sometimes. You did great, though. It just proves that we make things out to be more than what they are! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Incase anybody is wondering, it was Dasani bottled water. Bought if for 3 dollars at the movie theater the day before. At first I was angry about it being so expensive, but now I know it was well worth the 3 bucks.

A bottle of water at the movie theater: 3 dollars

Getting to see the movie you've been waiting months for (with mother): 11 dollars

Having your social anxiety disorder vanish for 1 day: PRICELESS!

:banana

1 - 6 of 6 Posts