Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Fire Princess
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't understand how it helps people sleep. I understand nature sounds or music, but white noise grates on my nerves and sometimes deeply disturbs me. How the hell do people find it soothing?

·
the last song ♥
2,414 Posts
how the hell can people sleep to nature sounds and music? i love white noise

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I love it! Every so often I'll turn my radio on to an unused frequency and set the volume low. It helps me sleep. I also like the sound of the furnace or the shower running in the next room.:yes

·
Fire Princess
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I have a disorder simply because I can't stand something? I don't even know what that is.
Looked it up. Think you might actually be right. o_O Though Wikipedia describes it as "pleasurable", which is far from the case. At least not with white noise.

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
By "white noise" are you strictly talking about static from a radio or TV? That, I can't stand.

Sleeping in dead silence is really hard for me. I usually *at least* have a fan going, if not the TV on low volume. It helps get me out of my head because I can lay there focusing on the sound instead of internal chatter and anxiety.

·
Long Term Member
Yo
5,423 Posts
It does not need to be White Noise. look up a ASMR video if you fall asleep or your head feels funny, you have the gift.

·
Fire Princess
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I meant about your nature music it makes you tingle.
Damn, you reply fast!

I thought you were referring to the tingles I get from white noise, implying I must subconsciously find it soothing. My bad. Didn't think I mentioned nature sounds and music giving me tingled. o_O

·
Long Term Member
Yo
5,423 Posts
Damn, you reply fast!

I thought you were referring to the tingles I get from white noise, implying I must subconsciously find it soothing. My bad. Didn't think I mentioned nature sounds and music giving me tingled. o_O
I get that too it makes me feel buzzed.

·
Fire Princess
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
By "white noise" are you strictly talking about static from a radio or TV? That, I can't stand.

Sleeping in dead silence is really hard for me. I usually *at least* have a fan going, if not the TV on low volume. It helps get me out of my head because I can lay there focusing on the sound instead of internal chatter and anxiety.
By white noise, I mean any rhythmless "shhhh" sound. And motors. Can't stand TV/radio static, I have to listen to my mp3 player when I vaccuum, and I can only stand the fan if there's another noise in the room like TV or music.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts