Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could teach yourself to be an expert at say...three things...what three things would you pick that you feel would help you the most at jumping into general group conversations?

Based on what I've experienced out there, I'd have to say....

1) domestic and world politics
2) music (although this seems to come up less as I get older)
3) *travel (cultures)

*#3 really comes more under the "life experience" category, which is another element that I feel is critical to contributing to group conversation. But that's another thread entirely.

·
Registered
103 Posts
1) Travels (I've traveled quite a bit already so it's often an easier subject, if I find the courage to speak up that is)
2) News, local and worldwide (in the last year, I have really made an effort to read the local news, national news and CNN everyday just in case)
3) Cars - I know quite a bit about them already but my circle of friends (well, my bf's friends and family that is) are very involved into cars so it would be nice if I could magically know a lot more about them + most people own a car so it's another easy subject

And I have a fourth one...
4) Economics - I find it dreadfully boring but it seems that's all everyone's talking about these days

·
Banned
6,986 Posts
1. sports
2. celeb gossip
3. movies

but if i had to pick three abilities id like to have it would be...

1. being able to comfort someone and give them proper advice for dealing with whatever problems theyre going through
2. being able to reply with something funny or clever to anything someone says
3. being able to keep a conversation going when my mind goes blank

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
1.Home remodeling ideas
2. computers
3. sports
I don't care much about these topics, but lots of people talk about them, so, grudgingly, I should learn more about them.

Topics I'd like to learn more about and talk about?
!. movies, music, entertainment
2. sex
3. worldwide volunteer efforts to alleviate pain and suffering

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
1. Travel (Seems to be the topic of conversation at most parties I have been and something which holds most people attention the longest)

2. Politics (It bores me to tears but the topic always arises at some stage during the night)

3. Music (Another topic which always pops up in conversation)

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Looking at what topics people have listed so far, it's no wonder at all I can't have conversations with people. :sigh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts