Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Unbreakable
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As anxiety sufferers sometimes we can feel really really helpless when dealing with our depression. Any one else has a song that always pulls you out of your depressive state and back to reality and out of the depression?

I would share my song but I feel it has offensive language (although I'm only attracted to the beat)

How about you guys? Which songs restores your sanity/rationality levels back to normal

·
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic
28,958 Posts
"I'm Still Here" by Vertical Horizon always used to do the trick for me, but it stopped working years ago. I think I relied on it too much. :sigh

·
Patron St. of Mediocrity
3,188 Posts
Nobody Home by Pink Floyd.

·
Registered
Unbreakable
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know is a bit weird, but for me is usually "meaner" tunes that kinda get me back to reality. My all time favorite is probably Earl - Pigeons, the instrumental is so... classy is too hard to resist, even with all the profanity the song contains, I truly find the beat and chorus so melodic and soothing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
"Airbag" by Radiohead makes me feel like I'm ready to take on the world.

Then I look out my window, see a bunch of people and decide to stay inside.

·
Stranger
238 Posts
Iron Maiden !! and... if I had to pick a song.... Have a Cigar pinkfloyd, for the non metal heads.

Dio - Don't talk to strangers
Dio - Holy Diver

·
Registered
Unbreakable
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"Airbag" by Radiohead makes me feel like I'm ready to take on the world.

Then I look out my window, see a bunch of people and decide to stay inside.
I love airbag! Have you heard "body snatchers" amazing.

·
I'll never pay the ransom
1,427 Posts
The Escape Artist - August Burns Red

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Lateralus - Tool
That whole album also, all the songs address pretty much everything!

·
Registered
315 Posts
For now, mine are All Right Part 2 by Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Red Umbrella by Faith Hill, and One Night by Goo Goo Dolls.

When I'm really down it's always all these songs that sings about life that brings me back to reality.

·
BadMistakesGoodIntentions
747 Posts
Ain't no big thing- Ms Krazie
Reminds me that no matter how hard life currently is, I shouldn't make a big deal out of certain issues because I'll eventually make it through.

Move Along-All American Rejects
Again...Are you gonna keep it strong? Move along ... Even though your hope is gone. Reminds me that no matter what happens, I can't just sit there & pity myself like a sore loser, life goes on, the world keeps on spinning so pick yourself up & move on.

oh & real girl by mutya buena...yeaahh

·
Banned
218 Posts
Too many songs to mention but one that sticks out is probably.... Bushwick Bill - Ever so clear. True story that happened to him. He wears an eye patch now

·
Registered
456 Posts

Bill Withers - Lean on me. Original singer/songwriter is the only way to listen to this song, the live version. He has so much passion when singing it. And you have to listen to the lyrics. I know, lean on me, but there is some good stuff there about helping each other and seeking help.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts