Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Shaking Sociopath
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd have to say Ryan Gosling's character in Drive, he seems so awkward and quiet most of the movie, but has a good heart until you piss him off then he ****s **** up!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bridget Jones. Sadly.

·
Nope, still not!
3,273 Posts
Donald Duck, nobody ever ****ing understands me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dan Dunne (Ryan Gosling) from the movie Half Nelson. He falls apart constantly, but can always put himself back together somehow.

"The sun goes up and then it comes down, but everytime that happens what do you get? You get a new day."

·
Powerful Beyond Measure
120 Posts
Shrek.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I'd have to say Ryan Gosling's character in Drive, he seems so awkward and quiet most of the movie, but has a good heart until you piss him off then he ****s **** up!
^^Nice...I kind of relate to that. It was a surprisingly good movie and I am guessing was intentionally mirroring aspects of Taxi Driver and maybe Light Sleeper? All three are great movies I kind of relate to but I would have to be pushed pretty far to end up like the male protagonists in any of them, including Light Sleeper (which is not as crazy).

Right now I am sorry to say that I kind of relate to 'Eleve Gaston Pourquier' in The Under-Gifted...minus his 'high pass' right before dying of old age...that remains to be seen.

·
Madly In Love
313 Posts
cameron from ferris bueller (although i think a lot of guys with anxiety could relate to him!)

·
Reposed in awesomeness...
2,278 Posts
Fantasy-wise; The Joker from Batman - "Everything burns..."

Reality-wise; The Elephant Man - "Don't look at me, don't look at me!"

lol

·
Hi/Hola
2,091 Posts
I wish I was Peter Parker, that he gain muscle later. I can relate to Forest Gump, that he was an invalid who couldn't walk, but improved as he got older.

·
Shaking Sociopath
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Cynical Idealist
1,339 Posts
I found myself really relating to Max Durocher (Jamie Foxx) from Collateral. Made so many big plans for his life, then got paralyzed into inaction from the fear of failure.

"Someday? Someday my dream will come? One night you will wake up and discover it never happened. It's all turned around on you. It never will. Suddenly you are old. Didn't happen, and it never will, because you were never going to do it anyway. You'll push it into memory and then zone out in your barco lounger, being hypnotized by daytime TV for the rest of your life. Don't you talk to me about murder. All it ever took was a down payment on a Lincoln town car. That girl,you can't even call that girl. What the **** are you still doing driving a cab?"

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
william wallace, braveheart
cause he's out numbered, out matched, everyones against him, and really he doesnt stand a chance in hell.

But he'll still pull every super smart strategy out of his *** and fight to the bitter end, even after being betrayed, captured and tortured, because he wants to show his enemy that they can take his life, but they'll never take his freeedom!!!

sa would be my enemy

·
Banned
3,597 Posts
Nice question. Probably Cillian Murphy's character in On The Edge.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts