Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm kinda of new here... well in the sense that I haven't posted before. I've read some of your posts and they've been enlightening.
My anxiety is getting very bad. I've had it since I was really young and have struggled with it my entire life. I am at the point now where I feel like i need to try some meds or i will just keep getting worse. I am just wondering where you go to get them. Can I go to a regular walk in clinic or do i have to go to a psych or someone who specializes in this sort of thing? If I can go to a clinic, will they talk with me about my problem for a while first and suggest a psych or would they just write me a prescription? the main source of my anxiety just happens to be doctors and doctors offices, so this is not an easy thing for me. the thought of even having to sit in an exam room with a doctor for 5 mins explaining my problem scares the crap out of me. :( can someone bring some light to this subject for me please so I'm prepared?
thanks!

·
Banned
232 Posts
you need to learn new ways of calming and relaxing yourself, you need any valium type med and sadly these are prescribed totally based on each docs personal prejudices so you may need to try several docs

you can write a note for doc to read, no you dont need a psych and I would avoid these as they seldom help with SA, you can get the meds you need from an ordinary doc

deep slow breathing will calm you, try this now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts