Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some new clothes. I think if I actually liked what I wear it would up my confidence. The only problem is I don't know where to shop. The only store that I know of that looks pretty good is lucky brand. Can anyone help me out. I'm a dude btw. Also sry I wasn't really sure where to post this.

·
Banned
374 Posts
I shop at department stores. I wouldn't bother with that online crap.
Just go down at sale time (should be now eh?). I do this, and grab stuff like Calvin Klein which is usually discounted to a semi-reasonable price :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I haven't purchased a shirt since 1998 (no exaggeration there). Got a new shirt last week -- they were giving away black T-shirts with the Smirnoff logo on it. Not a brand I drink, but I'll take free stuff.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't buy my own clothes, my mum buys them for me. doh.
This is usually the case for me, too. I don't go shopping because I'm intimidated by the people in the store (and I don't have anyone to go with + I don't want to go alone >_<). I really need new clothes. Nothing I have fits comfortably or looks good. As Catching Fire said, looking good usually helps one feel good. I want to feel good, but I can't get to looking good. >_< Even when I do manage to get to a shop, I feel kind of rushed and make really bad decisions. >_<

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
I find that Kohl's has good quality clothes and they always have lots of stuff on clearance. 70-80% off

·
Registered
604 Posts
H&M has really nice guy clothes. Great jackets!! I would start there. As for department stores I happen to like Macy's. Good prices and chic clothes.

·
razzled and dazzled
817 Posts
Yes, check out Value Village and various other thrift stores, you can find stylish and unique clothing in there if you take your time.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
^Thrift stores are difficult for men to find good clothes in there. Casual, yes, like T-shirts but not good clothes. For women, its far easier, we can find good and casual in there if we go to the right stores and look hard.

Burlington Coat factory, TJ Maxx, and Marshalls might be good places like others said.

·
Registered
706 Posts
My advise is to shop around and find a store or stores and fashions you like. Clothes shopping is a personal choice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts