Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a constant debate I have with myself. Where to draw the line between fighting/conquering SA and accepting it.

I don't really find it possible to live a life where I have to accept my SA, because that would mean I would exclude myself from others and withdraw almost to myself. I don't see any possible happiness in that scenario.

Neither do I find it possible to conquer my SA, it is way too difficult and all the energy causes mental and physical exhaustion.

So not sure where to go from here. I guess, in a way I'm still fighting...but lately the fight seems harder and harder...I'm at a point where I just feel nothing inside and have lost motivation to do anything.

·
Registered
235 Posts
It's a constant debate I have with myself. Where to draw the line between fighting/conquering SA and accepting it.

I don't really find it possible to live a life where I have to accept my SA, because that would mean I would exclude myself from others and withdraw almost to myself. I don't see any possible happiness in that scenario.

Neither do I find it possible to conquer my SA, it is way too difficult and all the energy causes mental and physical exhaustion.

So not sure where to go from here. I guess, in a way I'm still fighting...but lately the fight seems harder and harder...I'm at a point where I just feel nothing inside and have lost motivation to do anything.
This was me last year. When my anxiety took pretty much my entire life over last year and had to go out of work, it hit me and it hit me hard. I was heartbroken and a absolute a mess in everyway. I hated everyone, didn't want to talk or see anyone. I even hated seeing my therapist even though I knew I had to in order to get help at that point I thought was impossible. After seeing my therapist for a few months, I started to open up more, she helped me understand my anxiety more and then I started to set goals for myself. They were small goals but you need to start somewhere right? Even though I have my bad days like I had an episode this morning, I knew what to do and how to control it to a point where I wasn't going to freak out.

I don't know if you take meds or see a therapist, but I think once you come to realize you have it and accept it, you will find some kind of peace zone with your self. I hope this helps, know that your not alone and stay strong.

shy

·
Banned
133 Posts
If it helps at all, I think you can conquer all of your anxiety, but only with in a certain time frame. For some things, it might take you a couple weeks to get them totally out of your hard; for the harder things it might take a couple decades. So, maybe, stop worrying about the ideal (which I do as well), accept the progress you have made, and continue to commit to making progress.

When you're burned out, which happens to everyone, simply take a break and do something fun that energizes you. But, don't quit permanently. Hope this helped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts