Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
Well, you can try unconventional and try to talk to girls in unusual places but that might not be the best idea if you're kind of awkward to begin with.

My advice if you're really determined would be to just keep trying the sorts of places where they expect to be approached and don't take it too personally if they're not interested.

·
Man on the Moon
1,846 Posts
My friends taught me never to meet a chick in a bar. You need to go somewhere social, non-threatening - like spin class or a farmer's market or the pumpkin patch, given the time of year.

·
Man on the Moon
1,846 Posts
non-threatening? a college campus is non-threatening. lots of girls there. and then you approach then, they dont like you at all. i approach girls and they accuse me of harrassing, or i dont approach them, and i remain single. either way i am ****ed. we got all these weird ****ing laws in this ****ty world.
I dunno what to tell you man... it sounds like the problem isn't where you approach them though. Not sure if I wanna bother giving any more advice if you're gonna flip out at everything i say

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
In their living rooms, unannounced and uninvited. Sans pants.

·
capricious
4,772 Posts
may I suggest late at night in an empty parking lot, hands in hoody pockets of course.

meet people through mutual friends and build up some rapport instead of going out and hunting a girl down like prey, it makes things a lot easier. I find if you go out with the intention of "approaching" girls its an unnecessary stress on yourself, just mingle (i hate this word) and have fun, meet people and things will happen, unforced.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
It's easy to find places to find women. It's hard to find places to find men!

Here are some spots you'll find them, up to you how bold you are:
I admit it's tough even for the bold, because it can be awkward just hitting on someone in such a short time span of passing.
- Mall (if you're bold you can walk through women's stores looking for a gift for someone)
- Yogurt shops (many women love yogurt)
- Hair product/(makeup) store (maybe you can pick up some shampoo or hairspray?)
- Starbucks or coffee places
**I don't suggest gyms, fitness classes, or nail/hair salons. Most women do not look or feel their best there. At nail salons most women don't put on makeup and put their hair up b/c it's all women inside. It's a possibility if you need a pedicure, but not the best spot. At least that is how I feel...

Every place I go is all women. I need to find the male spots! I think they are all at home watching sports.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
Be grateful to yourself that you can actually do this.
Oh I'm grateful to have flowered and poker-dotted boxers. Of course I'd never do this.

A roommate's girlfriend is the only non-family person to see my in my boxers. Oh, and I had a female roommate once who saw me in only a towel. She screamed and ran for the corner of the room, seemingly dragging herself by her long hair.

·
Permanently Panned
7,900 Posts
I approached girls on campus and told them they were pretty and beautiful, and I wanted to get to know them and talk to them for a while. They replied they have a boyfriend or they are busy, so I left them alone. Next thing I found out they reported me to law for harassing them and following them, when I never even touched them or even cat-called.
[Edited -Jones-]
To approach women like u did, you have to be really confident and cocky.That's the only way it will work mostly.If your awkward when approaching a girl and telling her she's beautiful..she'll prolly be shocked in disbelief that an awkward guy cud say such a thing.....imo.
OP, if your gonna approach a woman just be friendly.Don't flirt right off the bat unless your feeling relaxed.Stop blaming ALL WOMEN on for the bad experiences you had with a few.Women are AWESOME!!!!

·
Peace Sign To My Head
1,212 Posts
I remember following this girl who got of the bus with me because i wanted to ask her for her number, while i was following her she kept looking behind her shoulder at me. I smiled and said "Hey..." Then she took off running down the block. It was a big wtf moment

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I remember following this girl who got of the bus with me because i wanted to ask her for her number, while i was following her she kept looking behind her shoulder at me. I smiled and said "Hey..." Then she took off running down the block. It was a big wtf moment
Whatever you do, DO NOT follow girls. Stop them from the front with a smile, so that she doesnt think you are a sex criminal. But be careful when dealing with girls. You know how women are.

·
Top 5 Poster
6,051 Posts
lol i remember that. What in the world made you think that was a good idea!!! LOL you're lucky she didnt call the police.

Anyhow to the OP, if she thinks you're attractive you can approach them anywhere. If she doesnt think you're attractive you cant approach them anywhere.

·
Banned
10,815 Posts
My friends taught me never to meet a chick in a bar. You need to go somewhere social, non-threatening - like spin class or a farmer's market or the pumpkin patch, given the time of year.
Meeting a girl as she's walking in public is just a really bad idea. She's going to think you're some kind of crazy creepy stalker. It seems most people meet their gf through social groups and through friends.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Meeting a girl as she's walking in public is just a really bad idea. She's going to think you're some kind of crazy creepy stalker. It seems most people meet their gf through social groups and through friends.
yah, but there are other guys i have heard of, do it, and they get gfs though that. maybe i should politely smile and say hello and tell her she looks really jolly and cute today. How does that sound?

·
Banned
10,815 Posts
yah, but there are other guys i have heard of, do it, and they get gfs though that. maybe i should politely smile and say hello and tell her she looks really jolly and cute today. How does that sound?
Guys on SAS can't do that. Picking up girls in public only works for the alpha male super friendly, talkative and funny guys. It won't work for us.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Guys on SAS can't do that. Picking up girls in public only works for the alpha male super friendly, talkative and funny guys. It won't work for us.
Why is there a thread for it? lol

·
Top 5 Poster
6,051 Posts
I don't think u even have to be funny or talkative

Just have the balls to say

Woman, u me we?

With such testesterone filled cave man banter she will jump all over u

1 - 19 of 19 Posts