Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
On the sofa bed of a friend's apartment, next to another friend. I must have been laying there for about 8hrs but I slept for maybe 4 of those. I just found it impossible to sleep next to him, I just found it really uncomfortable and too close. Plus he snored occasionally. Guess that is why I will remain forever alone, can't sleep next to anyone. I need my own space and absolute silence.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Probably when I passed out drunk on the floor of a gas station bathroom. The guy working found me the next morning and I was super grossed out and embarrassed.

·
🌸 女王 🌸
1,617 Posts
Hospital bed. I wasnt even a patient, but i had to stay over night because of family. So they dragged a hospital bed into the small room for me, and i slept pressed next to the wall in jeans and a thick hoodie the entire night. No idea how i manage to sleep.

In day care, apparantly we used to sleep on the floor on towels. Or did we sleep straight on the floor with towels as blankets. Im not sure since i was so young that i dont remember it. I did sleep, but i cant imagine that it would've been very comfortable for us.

·
Super Moderator
7,415 Posts
I couldn't sleep, but once spent the night at the Bahnhofsmission at the central railway station in Hanover, Germany. It's a Christian social charity which operates at some stations. I had really wanted to see the Expo 2000, which was in Hanover, so got the high speed train up from Würzburg. I walked around the centre of Hanover, took some photos, then wandered around the showground. North Germany felt like quite a different place from the south, more similar to Britain. Not sure I really liked southern Bavaria, especially. Of course I couldn't see much of the north. Don't think I joined the queue to see any of the really popular Expo pavillions, should have done. Remember one which was like a Buddhist temple or something.

Then it was getting dark. Think I'd heard of a giant tent sleeping place or something, should have looked for it. Instead I found the Bahnhofsmission, and was allowed to sit there all night. Not very comfortable. The following morning I probably should have seen more of Hanover, got a later train back. Unfortunately didn't do that. I remember seeing two men at the station (who looked like immigrants, maybe Turks, there are lots of them in Germany), exchanging insults, it looked like they were going to fight each other.

Oh and (this was in the late 00s) after the incident at a party which was a gathering from another forum, where a neighbour turned up in the bloke's flat with a baseball bat because we were making so much noise, me and a girl got driven by someone who was there to a flat in another nearby town. That town was, ironically, the same place where the other party gathering I went to had been held before.

IIRC there was some quite complicated relationship between the bloke who drove us, another girl, and the bloke hosting this party. It's confusing, I think the previous party had been held in that girls' parents flat (the parents must have been away somewhere). It was surely this bloke's home that we escaped to, a different flat. Anyway I slept opposite this girl (who was just another forum member) on the sofa in the sitting room, very intimate, seeing her yawn and everything, quite odd. She's nice, wish I knew her better really.

·
SAS Member
43,979 Posts
Aside from what I mentioned previously in the thread, and an anecdote I don't want to mention, I 'slept' on this ship when I was about 7/8 roleplaying as an Elizabethan sailor:

Golden Hind - Wikipedia

I didn't really get it at points either so at one point someone came in roleplaying about there being a fire and I freaked out and tried to leave the ship, so they had to explain they were acting. 🤣 Then I couldn't really sleep well on the ship floor.

Also trying to sleep on another boat in a room full of people where you just get a chair to sleep on.

Also one time I slept over someone's house with a bunch of people mostly from this table top card/game club, but I think a couple of people there weren't. We all had sleeping bags and such, and my friend and then her friend came into my sleeping bag so I was sandwiched in between. They fell asleep, and so I got out and didn't really sleep after that.

·
long hard times to come
383 Posts
Outside on my grandparents farm. There were wild donkeys and hyenas making sounds all night so that was lovely and totally not scary af.

Reactions: rabidfoxes

·
Super Moderator
35,387 Posts
Outside on my grandparents farm. There were wild donkeys and hyenas making sounds all night so that was lovely and totally not scary af.
Was it the "AHHHHHHHH CEEEEEEE!" donkey sound? :LOL: (Not that there are any other donkey sounds that I know of)

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Floating on a raft made of a dozen sea turtles that I tied together to make one with my own hair.
🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

·
alien monk
8,750 Posts
apartment infested with cockroaches

·
(.*?)
6,823 Posts
My car. The passenger seat proved the least-uncomfortable position but still quite uncomfortable, even in a sleeping bag. Thankfully only 3 days of it.

·
Irretrievably Lost
2,868 Posts
The two worst that come to mind would be in the back seat of my car several times when I was too drunk to drive and also the floor of someone's dorm room without any pillows or blankets or anything. The low pile carpet was dirty and disgusting and offered zero comfort. I think I also half slept sitting upright on someone's couch once. And I didn't have the couch to myself, I was squeezed between other people.

·
Irretrievably Lost
2,868 Posts
Floating on a raft made of a dozen sea turtles that I tied together to make one with my own hair.
🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢
Hmm, is this when you learned that dolphins call each other by name? :unsure:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I have enough trouble sleeping in a perfectly comfortable bed so I usually can't actually sleep in poor conditions.

The worst was probably during the "Ordeal," a kind of induction into the Order of the Arrow, which is a special thing for the Boy Scouts of America. I obviously didn't want to do it; I hated camping enough even when I had a nice tent and a sleeping bag. But my parents made me. I was sent out alone into the woods with a little food and expected to "survive" until the next day in complete silence. I was okay with the silence and solitude parts, but sleeping out in the woods with no tent or sleeping bag really sucked. I remember just sitting against a huge tree and watching the stars for hours. It was cold and wet and miserable so I don't think I slept a wink, but I did get into the Order.

It seems like such a pointless thing, looking back on it now.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Hmm, is this when you learned that dolphins call each other by name? :unsure:
How else can I befriend them🐬 to survive my stint on Rumrunners Isle? 🏴‍☠️

·
experimental sincerity
1,491 Posts
I've slept some pretty uncomfortable nights - I've asked random strangers if I could sleep on their hotel room floor, slept at train stations, on the floor, in a hairdresser's chair, on strangers' shoulders on the underground, on a park bench in Dresden...but none of these were quite as uncomfortable as those hotel rooms where they turn the heating up to the max and you can do nothing to change it. Why do they do it?? Torment of torments.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts