Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel inadequate. For that reason i don't socialize. As a result i get lonely and living a boring life. If you live a boring life you don't have anything to talk with others and you feel inadquate.

This is my vicious circle. How do you think i can find a breakout here? Do you feel to get trapped under this as well?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
People who think they are boring can actually be quite interesting. Don't sell yourself short. When you talk to others, you can keep the focus on them by peppering them with good questions about them and their interests and that will show them that you are interested in them. People love to talk about themselves. This should slowly make you feel more and more adequate.

·
calm
264 Posts
People who think they are boring can actually be quite interesting. Don't sell yourself short. When you talk to others, you can keep the focus on them by peppering them with good questions about them and their interests and that will show them that you are interested in them. People love to talk about themselves. This should slowly make you feel more and more adequate.
You're right, this works, people even will find you sympathetic and want to hang out with you BUT he is a person too, he wants to be valued and cherished too. When people talk about themselves they often tell what they achieved, what they are good in - stuff that makes you feel good about yourself. There is nothing wrong with that at all, but at some point you want to be able to do the same thing, or otherwise you feel bad and assume the other one doesn't estimate you as much as you estimate them.

I am acutaly in the same shoes as the thread starter and tried what you suggest, but I feel like I am still missing something. I want people also to look up to me not to think of me as a "low life".

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dude, nothing to do with the topic but why did you put that half assed smile as your profile picture? I mean not the whole face but only your mouth? Are you implying to say that you can only smile that much? Well we're all not good about smiling but we wouldn't like to get this image of ourselves carved into our brains, would we?

·
calm
264 Posts
No, it is nothing like that, there is no message in that. If you would see the whole picture you would see it is a sincere smile, smiling is conveyed largely through the eyes. I am surprised you are offend by that. I didn't put the whole picture in because of personal privacy issues.
Why dont you rather comment on the substance of my post.

·
Banned
1,460 Posts
I feel inadequate. For that reason i don't socialize. As a result i get lonely and living a boring life. If you live a boring life you don't have anything to talk with others and you feel inadquate.

This is my vicious circle. How do you think i can find a breakout here? Do you feel to get trapped under this as well?
what would be your definition of a "fun life"?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what would be your definition of a "fun life"?
Being social and getting out with pretty girls. However i know myself and i don't dare to do things that i'm not capable of.

Edit: Actually i'm not a party man and i don't like to be so. When i mean girls i'd like to have someone in my life who would satisfy my need to love and beloved. It's the most natural thing for a humanbeing and living with this feeling unsatisfied ruins your soul.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts