Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is to those brave souls who have dared to venture out to meet woman for the purpose of dating.

Where did you go?
How did you go about it?
What worked, what didn't?

I've only had one relationship in my time. I met the girl online initially, and then dated her in real life for three years. The intenet made the 'meeting' part doable. But I'd really like to try to meet woman the old fashioned way: face to face.

So please, share your experiences, perhaps we can all learn from each other.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I met my ex-boyfriend in Church (wow, I really thought that meant it was meant to be - if it was, he didn't get God's memo). I met my second husband at work - we worked in the same restaurant in Maine. My first husband was the oldest brother of a guy I knew in high school whose family was friends with my family (they set us up). Other than that when I was 'much younger' it was small quiet bars and work but that was several lifetimes ago - I don't even know that girl anymore.

In what part of Florida do you live? I am up in the Panhandle.

·
Registered
530 Posts
MOSTLY from my social group girls there with friends incommon, we talk, get her numbre, txt her backa nd forth and go out.

SOMETIMES, random girls from school whoIll just talk to, same process.

·
Banned
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just realized you were probably talking to the guys - sorry.
It's fine. It would be interesting to hear everyone's experiences on this. Although I'm specifically interested in the viewpoint of other guys with SA trying to approach women.
I'm in south FL by the way.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The only way I meet women is when I go out club/pubbing with the boys. I'm way too quiet in that environment unless I'm absolutely sh*tfaced so I can't get anywhere with them unless they're dominant, outgoing women. No chance in hell of me leading. Too inexperienced, too nervous. It helps to be with a few good mates that know you're terrible with the ladies and try to hook you up (bad habit to get into, I know, working on doing it myself but am still terrible at it).

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is to those brave souls who have dared to venture out to meet woman for the purpose of dating.

Where did you go?
How did you go about it?
What worked, what didn't?

I've only had one relationship in my time. I met the girl online initially, and then dated her in real life for three years. The intenet made the 'meeting' part doable. But I'd really like to try to meet woman the old fashioned way: face to face.

So please, share your experiences, perhaps we can all learn from each other.
No! No, no, no, no, no. Its all wrong you are wrong. You cant go out and harrass the general public with your horny wantingness. Girls will see through you no matter what you say and it is wrong to want anything so just dont do it. Just chillax and do your own thing until someone comes out of the madding crowd to say hello to you. But that will never happen cuz no one gives a fuk about you. Enjoy your loneliness while it lasts. Man I make no sense.
*puts lampshade on head*
"I am Captain Lightbulb of the planet Lampshade! Who are you and what is this?"

·
Banned
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No! No, no, no, no, no. Its all wrong you are wrong. You cant go out and harrass the general public with your horny wantingness. Girls will see through you no matter what you say and it is wrong to want anything so just dont do it. Just chillax and do your own thing until someone comes out of the madding crowd to say hello to you. But that will never happen cuz no one gives a fuk about you. Enjoy your loneliness while it lasts. Man I make no sense.
*puts lampshade on head*
"I am Captain Lightbulb of the planet Lampshade! Who are you and what is this?"
O.O

·
making awesome awesomer
587 Posts
obviously i'm a girl but i know that a guy got my number once when i was swimming. He just came up to me and was talking to me and not being too direct and was really friendly and eventually asked for my number. Being a girl i honestly think that when guys are too direct when they first meet a girl its kinda a turn off because it makes the girl suspect you are a player. Just try to find something to converse about that she is willing to talk about and if you get a good vibe from her eventually ask for her number.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts