Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first man-made object to land on Mars arrived 40 years ago this month, and NASA's Curiosity rover should soon depart for the Red Planet. Here is a look at where humankind's many Mars landers have touched down, and where the planet betrays a history of all-important liquid water.
Go here for the interactive version.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I thought I would see red dots indicating where the rovers are. I only see the words.

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I would see red dots indicating where the rovers are. I only see the words.
You have to go to the link for the 'interactive' clickable version. Here is a screenshot.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
You have to go to the link for the 'interactive' clickable version. Here is a screenshot.

I did see the site - awesome information. Opportunity is still going strong after seven years. I remember when it landed on Mars in 2004.

I also remember the Sojourner and the balloons that helped it bounce to land = that was interesting, and a bit risky to me. That was where I found out their weather conditions! :yay During the day, it got up to -5 to -10F and at night it got down to about -100F. The barometric pressure reading were slight - barely an atmosphere left their pressure at 1/1000% of ours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts