Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name's Ray and I'm new to these forums.

For a long time now, longer than I can remember, I have been anxious and scared at the thought of girls being around me, I have been overwhelmed with the thought *GET OUT OF HERE NOW!!!!!* when I am in a room with a bunch of people that I don't know, and am all round an unhappy individual, as everything I used to love doing now seems pointless and boring.

That is the most minimal explanation of me, but for now it's what I can recall.

Today I feel like I have taken a step in a direction, by acknowledging that there is something wrong with me, something that self contemplation, in this case, will make things worse.

I look forward to getting to know you all, I also believe I am quite interesting when you get to know me, but that's the hard part!

I live in New Zealand, in a Windy city called Wellington, I live in a house with 3 friends (2 of them are my best friends, ones I can always count on), I work in IT at a national council, and I play electric guitar.

There is a quote that has been stuck in my mind, and I've thought a lot about it and it has come down to, it's not as easy as that.... "To get something you've never had, you need to do something you've never done."

I can see the message behind this, but it doesn't seem to help the part of actually doing the thing you've never done.

Anyway, it's good to finally feel as though I am not the only person who is this messed up, have a good day people =]

·
Banned
3,597 Posts
Welcome to SAS :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I like the quote, man. That's the hard part, getting yourself to break routine/habit. Welcome to SAS my friend!

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, Katahna! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Ray, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the replies, anyone feel free to add me =]

If anyone is in to philosophy, we will get along great!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts