Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
SAS Master
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently in Kansas.

I've thought New Mexico, Arizona, California, Nevada (I like desert scenery) OR Hawaii. But I also may want to work abroad for a while depending on what career I go into and if that is a possibility.

·
ಠ ¿ ಠ
913 Posts
Probably Chicago or New York. As much as my anxiety bothers me, I'm simply attracted to everything the cities have to offer.

·
Banned
583 Posts
^Same.

That's a tough question for me. I like everything initially, but after a while a become bored with it; same thing with cities. I love Boston, and I'd probably feel nostalgic if I left, but I want something new. I'd thought of Baltimore, NYC, Chicago, D.C., Atlanta, or just simply move abroad. I have three years to think about it... :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I want to go to grad school on California, but i don't think I could ever live there permanently. There's something weird about not having a winter.
Depending on the path I decide to pursue, I'm thinking Chicago, Philadelphia, DC or maybe somewhere in Quebec.

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
I'd like to live somewhere warm but I think I'd be stressed out about moving so far away from my family.

So I'll probably continue to live here.

·
Ocean of Dreams
26 Posts
Hawaii ocean blue waters good people. Ya I wanna live there. But it probably costs a boat load of money..

So realistically I'd wanna live near the shores of California or Jersey somewhere when I can be near some kind of beach

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
I'd be very happy staying in the Maryland/D.C area. I was born there, lived most of my life abroad in central america and came back here a few years back. I really love it here.

·
taking a break from SAS
1,408 Posts
California sounds nice but I will never get the chance. Instead, I will probably end up somewhere in the midwest where summers are too hot and winters are too cold.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,711 Posts
I like living in a house but if I have to live in a dorm I dont mind that either/

·
Registered
464 Posts
I like where I am (DC) a lot. But if I had to move away somewhere I would move to Atlanta GA. I have lots of family down there and I've been so many times that I sort of know where stuff is. The hotter weather and the fact that housing is generally cheaper are pluses. I would probably go to the aquarium at least once a month!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Alaska, or maybe Wyoming or Nebraska, I had to travel through Nebraska a couple times and my mom lived in Wyoming for a couple years, I really liked the nothingness in those places, you can travel miles and not even see a rock. Even though I would like to live away from society I couldn't stand living somewhere where I couldn't go to a store or something every now and then, or see a movie or something, it hard to find a place that has both. Realistically I won't have the nerve to get out of here unless something drastic happens. Alaska does sound nice though, I haven't been there but I think I would like it, at least they will give me a couple grand just to be a resident every year.

·
sad panda
675 Posts
I'd love to live abroad for a while, if it ever becomes a possibility; Buenos Aires Argentina would be my first choice, or maybe somewhere in Spain.

More realistically, I'd like to live somewhere in the northeast US, maybe Massachusetts or New York. I also loved living in the northwest in Washington, so maybe there or Oregon. I like Colorado a lot, but I feel like I have to get out of here.

·
Suit up!
390 Posts
I secretly wish I could move off to Italy or Spain, but I know that won't work if I ever intend to actually have a job. Ha.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think about this a lot, I only have one year of college left.

I really like the idea of either Seattle or Chicago...where ever I move, it needs to be a big city with public transportation, because I have a phobia of driving. (21 years old and haven't even gotten a driver's license...:roll) I like Seattle because of all the rain and water, and Chicago for all the comedy theaters.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Seattle, or somewhere in Vermont, if I decide to stay in the States.

I actually plan on going abroad to Europe (either in Finland, Norway, or Sweden) for grad school. If I like it there enough, I might consider living there. If not, then one of the places I mentioned above.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts