Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Searching
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So pretty much i'm fed up with being alone and have decided to really start actively trying to solve my social problems instead of sitting back and hoping for it to get fixed. I can't think of anything better for me than finding that perfect shy girl to be with, but I don't have a clue how to find her. There doesn't seem to be many at the school i'm currently at so i'm wondering where do they go at recess so I can try talking to them. I don't think any of them are in any of my classes as I seem to be the only shy person there.
So where do I go? What do I do to find that quiet, shy, innocent, intelligent girl that keeps popping up in my dreams?

·
Cynical *******.
2,490 Posts
According to this site, in the bathroom. Hahah. I dunno. Walk around on break and see if you see any girls sitting alone or something.

·
Winter is coming
2,650 Posts
The library. Well, in my school that was the case anyway.

·
Searching
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm 14, and probably something I should of mentioned in my initial post, what's a good way to approach and talk to them?

·
Silence Is Golden
2,913 Posts
Before, you attempt to find yourself a shy girl, ask yourself, "Can her and really be friends just because we're shy?" You see, shyness can prevent two people from being friends. Two shy people might be awkward around each other.

As for your question, you'll find shy girls on the internet like this site, introvert prefered places like a library and a book store, and activities for introverts like art club.

·
Cynical *******.
2,490 Posts
I guess if they are alone just sit down beside them or across the table and say "Hi, my name is LOLWAT" and let them introduce themselves. Smile too, don't look all neutral face. Comment on what she is doing, ask OPEN ENDED questions too, meaning not questions that have an answer yes or no.

·
Searching
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the information, i'll give it a shot.

·
A name
254 Posts
Lol I don't know. I only went to regular high school my Freshman year (I'll be going back my senior year) I actually never saw a girl always alone at lunch or anywhere. Maybe it's because we had off campus so they left somewhere else. And to be honest with you I only saw one guy besides me alone a lot too. I'm sure there were some but they didn't make it obvious.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I hide myself in a loud group of girls, so I can some what disguise my shyness and not look like a total loser. I have seen other girls like myself do the same. Look for groups of loud obnoxious girls (not hard to find) and find the girl that never really says much, kind of keeps to herself, looks down a lot, but smiles and laughs at jokes so she blends in with everyone else. Once you spot her, you can try and talk to her when she is alone or approach her "group". Good luck, and dont be discouraged if at first she seems startled because she is shy and is not used to the attention.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I hide myself in a loud group of girls, so I can some what disguise my shyness and not look like a total loser. I have seen other girls like myself do the same. Look for groups of loud obnoxious girls (not hard to find) and find the girl that never really says much, kind of keeps to herself, looks down a lot, but smiles and laughs at jokes so she blends in with everyone else. Once you spot her, you can try and talk to her when she is alone or approach her "group". Good luck, and dont be discouraged if at first she seems startled because she is shy and is not used to the attention.
Clutzy's right! I do the exact same thing for the exact same reasons! We may not be the best with our people skills but we still know how to hide it most of the time. Every group that is semi-popular to unpopular will have one shy girl.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Try the library or the Art room. Thats where I spend most of my time~

·
Searching
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Will do, but what would be the best way to approach someone like you?

674 Posts
The library. Sitting alone at lunch in the cafeteria.

I always scan the perimeter at my school looking for people who don't belong in general. There's quite a few. You just have to look. In any given population of a few hundred people there will usually be several. Of course then there's the question of whether or not you and her would actually be compatible.

·
Searching
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, i'll probably start looking for them soon and if I do find them i'll try and start up a conversation by commenting on what they're doing.

·
Banned
8,009 Posts
According to this site, in the bathroom. Hahah. I dunno. Walk around on break and see if you see any girls sitting alone or something.
That is true, boys do it too. Although I think going to a girls toilets and waiting by cubicles isn't the best thing to do.

·
God. Also bored
10,229 Posts
The library. Well, in my school that was the case anyway.
That and according to this site the washroom. Although if they have SA and GAD they typically just skip all semester at least that's been my experience :sigh

·
Registered
70 Posts
Lol not even joking! During lunch whenever I try to find a bathroom to eat my lunch in, there's always someone else already in there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts