Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone...the reason I'm here is because I struggle in a codependent relationship that had lead me to have social anxiety. I really don't have a life outside of my marriage and currently my marriage is on the rocks. I feel so lost because the last few years have been for my family not me. So now I'm evaluating myself and trying to work through this social anxiety I suffer from. I feel that I struggle most with getting jobs because interviews or reporting to people of authority scare the [email protected] out of me. I'm so frustrated because I know this is not logical thinking. But now that my marriage might be coming to an end I am forced to face my reality and my insecurities. I often look at strong and powerful self assure women with envy. Just wishing that I could be them. Somewhere along my life I let people and events take parts of me away and that small spark of something that I had has been extinguished. I feel like I may still be able to make a change in my life but I don't know where to start. I have a hard time organizing my thoughts. If anyone can offer some guidance I'm all ears...thanks!!

·
2 Posts
Small advice

If you have trouble organizing your thoughts I always found keeping a journal or planner around helps a lot. I keep a journal/skech book, I wrote evrything from grocery lists in the corners to long term hopes and dreams that take full pages. Just writing things down seems to help, you can even tape or add in pictures or magazine cutouts or places you want to go or people who inspire you.

The idea is that it's always with you and it's easy to jot down even random thoughts.

I know it's small advice for a big problem, I hope you find your way

-Fox

Ps. I recommend "moleskin" brand for journals and such. You can find them is most book stores and art supply stores.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey there :) this really struck a chord with how I have felt about situations in the past and current situations now. Just know that you're definitely not alone in how you are feeling. Like, I could have written this at some point, lol. I think you're on the right path, wanting to make a change and make yourself a priority. You can do it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for responding...I'm going to start a journal like you suggested shadowfox ...and thank you for making me feel understood melodiesoflife!!!

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, NowWhat! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any time :) if you need someone to talk to, you can message me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts