Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been with normal girls and they don't understand anything about my social anxiety and seem to be really shallow. My last girlfriend traded me in for party life. Literally she has become addicted to clubs and is now on a rampage of free crazy life she believes. Also I'm going to be looking for mature girls too but I really believe that a girl who was like me could understand each other but not only that, also appreciate each other. So where is a good place to start looking? Definitely not bars or clubs which is good. The internet isn't proving that useful either.

·
Banned
205 Posts
Hiding in their rooms. On a more serious note...i think it's not a good idea for two people with such disorders to get together and have a relationship. They will only be enablers for each other.

·
Registered
761 Posts
That was my answer. In our rooms.

And I agree with veryshyperson. I personally don't want an "SA" relationship, more just someone who understands ME as a person, SA aside. But that's me.

·
Sassy
2,222 Posts
Hiding in their rooms. On a more serious note...i think it's not a good idea for two people with such disorders to get together and have a relationship. They will only be enablers for each other.
Perhaps for some, but not for all. Both my boyfriend and I have SA and that's hardly the case. We help each other get out there and socialize, a lot of times together, which makes things easier.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Perhaps for some, but not for all. Both my boyfriend and I have SA and that's hardly the case. We help each other get out there and socialize, a lot of times together, which makes things easier.
Tis true. The last girl I dated had general anxiety and social anxiety to a degree and we both were able to support each other and make it through situations because we were both there and knew how the other felt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm guessing they're the girls that no matter how clever you are in approaching them their guard is up and you probably aren't going to get a number anyway lol.

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
I like to hide at libraries or bookstores, maybe you'll find some SA ladies there.
Any guy who interrupts my book to try and chat me up would get short shrift - I really hate my quiet reading being disturbed by someone trying to have a conversation. I would have thought the internet would be your best bet - why hasn't it worked for you?

·
Banned
265 Posts
Any guy who interrupts my book to try and chat me up would get short shrift - I really hate my quiet reading being disturbed by someone trying to have a conversation. I would have thought the internet would be your best bet - why hasn't it worked for you?
The internet hasn't worked for me either and I have tried for 4 years already. It is because the sex ratio is not in favor of guys with plain looking profiles (even though we are not ugly, just average) and women are just as shallow as men.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The internet hasn't worked for me either and I have tried for 4 years already. It is because the sex ratio is not in favor of guys with plain looking profiles (even though we are not ugly, just average) and women are just as shallow as men.
Yeah tell me about it, I'm Just giving up hope on this whole thing. I just wonder if it's natural law you end up with the worst possible girlfriend and can't get a decent one no matter what you do.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
You can find tons of SA girls right here on SAS. Just as one can find tons of SA guys right here on SAS. One big problem: we all have SA.

A lot of us are too afraid to even call another SAS member without being intoxicated first in the rare event we even do make such a call. Actually meeting another SAS member is even more extraordinary. The number of SAS members I've seen in person is about equal to the number of Ferraris I've seen in person, probably less actually and I've been here since Oct 2002.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You don't need a girl who has an anxiety disorder in order to find a girl who is deep. And who says a person w/ an anxiety disorder is always deep?? Yes they understand it because they have it, but that is the only reasion they understand. That is not depth. You maybe just want a girl who introverted and empathic and why not emotionally healthy on top of it? If you want to find a empathic girl try going to a fund raiser or another type of charity. And as for the Introvert part goes, look for the girl who is off somewhere engaged in a thoughtful conversation with one person rather than in the middle of a group of people
~Christine

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Yep, in our rooms. Maybe at a library or bookstore, too.

It'd would be nice to have someone who understands you, more than someone with SA. I'm sure they can understand you a lot and might even be good for you(both of you motivating each other to get out and do things together, yet you could also hinder each other, too, and only stick with each other, never looking outside your 'bubble'), but normal people who don't have SA and are just understanding are just as good and they know other people and can really get you out because they are more social. It might be sort of hard to find someone like that, but you can.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts