Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Where do babies come from?

• Stork

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Asexual cellular division

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • When a mommy & a daddy love each other...

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • Mysterious baskets left on doorstep

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Amazon.com

Votes: 26 32.9%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 14 17.7%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I missed that day in health class so I've always wondered: where do babies come from?

I chose other, because I firmly believe that babies are hyper-intelligent messengers from the future sent back to warn us of the dangers of walking upright. But how soon they forget and join in our bipedal debauchery.

I can't be the only one that thinks that, right?

·
mmm... donuts
168 Posts
Obviously babies come from storks, or at least that is what I was told. Now I'm older I realize a stork isn't strong enough to fly while carrying a baby. Is there anything bigger than a stork?

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Ebay

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
the stork from amazon.com

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Reminds me of the Addams Family movie. I don't remember exactly but they're sittting in the waiting room and another little girl's talking about storks and crap and Wednesday says "Our parents are having a baby too. They had sex."

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I don't know about the rest, but I'm pretty sure I came to be from asexual cellular division, that happened on another planet. And then a stork brought me to my mom and dad.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Other

I believe that they come directly from God, that God chooses the soul that will inhabit the physical bodies of our children. That this soul is the child and that each of us are our soul, not the shell that it dwells in or the job that we have or the clothes that we wear. I believe that God knows each of us throughout eternity - that we have always existed and have just awaited the day that His Will permits us to have our human bodily shell.

I believe that he has already chosen which soul will be born to each woman and that the procreative act determines the genetics of the shell that we dwell in and the physical aspects of our bodies and minds.

As an example... if my son's father did not help me create my son's body, then someone else would have... it would have been the same soul - but in a different body because he/she would have still been the child that God chose for me to give birth too.

That my Free Will determines the choices I make to determine when that child will be born -- if I use my Free Will to be selfish and impatient then my son will be (and was) born into a harder life/situation than had to be. If I had followed God's Will and been patient then he would have been born into an easier situation and life wouldn't be so hard.

However, the Grace of God permits me to be a good mom, and him a great son because that is what our souls are (good) and as long as we follow His Will we can overcome the obstacles that are our life and focus on the love and all of the things that we have and not dwell on what we don't have.

JMHO

Also, I believe that man is absolutely necessary to creation... God created Adam first but that he made Eve to bear the children - to work the miracles of life. Man is created to protect, provide for, and love women at all costs... to co-create babies, and to bring all of the good characteristics of himself forward into his children... Women are to bear children, to nurture, protect and care for them and her husband all the days of her life. When either man or woman is unable to do this I believe they are called to support the others that can... or to work within society to make it a better place for those children to grow up and live. Not all people are called to have children but we are all called to make the lives of others better and to create a better society in which we all live.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I was found under a rock, my brother came from the milkman and my other brother well we're not really sure where he came from. :um

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
for angelina, madonna etc... from Africa

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Don't forget Octomom.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
They are produced when teen girls get totally drunk.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
From the supermarket. I see people with babies in their carts all the time. I can never find that aisle though...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts