Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Where can i get real help?

723 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Podee 
#1 ·
I have suffered from anxiety my entire life i am now 29 and its got worse over the years.I find it difficult to leave the house, depending on how im feeling on any given day determines if i can leave the house or not, some days i feel so bad i simply can not face going out, i feel axicous just walking past windows in my own house because i think people are looking at me in through my windows:|

i find it difficult to talk on the phone and avoid doing so at all costs, i mostly only go out at night when its dark as i feel more comfortable and i also drive for miles to go to specific shops as i only feel comfortable to go into certain shops i cant go to my local shop because its always really busy and my axiety becomes really bad,

They thing i dont get is logical i KNOW the way i am is stupid and people probably are not looking at me but i still cant help feeling this way i just dont get it :|

The most frustrating part of this for me is that i am unable to work due to this some days i can not face going outside of my front door the idea of going to work is totaly unthinkable for me! the way mental heath is currently i would starve to death and die in my house before i could face going to work everyday

I feel like people just think i dont want to work and that i am lazy but this is so far from the truth i am not lazy at all i just suffer from really bad anxiety :|

my gp is not very helpfull, he just tells me to go out more get a job and that will cure me! The problem is i simply can not do that! like i say i struggle just to leave the house so how does he expect me to get a job? its like they just think its a phase because u have been out of work for a long time i just need to get back into work and i will then be cured but its much much much deeper than that

i dont know what to do anymore i am trying to find other people who feel like me who can offer me some advice w:|

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.