Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have suffered from anxiety my entire life i am now 29 and its got worse over the years.I find it difficult to leave the house, depending on how im feeling on any given day determines if i can leave the house or not, some days i feel so bad i simply can not face going out, i feel axicous just walking past windows in my own house because i think people are looking at me in through my windows:|

i find it difficult to talk on the phone and avoid doing so at all costs, i mostly only go out at night when its dark as i feel more comfortable and i also drive for miles to go to specific shops as i only feel comfortable to go into certain shops i cant go to my local shop because its always really busy and my axiety becomes really bad,

They thing i dont get is logical i KNOW the way i am is stupid and people probably are not looking at me but i still cant help feeling this way i just dont get it :|

The most frustrating part of this for me is that i am unable to work due to this some days i can not face going outside of my front door the idea of going to work is totaly unthinkable for me! the way mental heath is currently i would starve to death and die in my house before i could face going to work everyday

I feel like people just think i dont want to work and that i am lazy but this is so far from the truth i am not lazy at all i just suffer from really bad anxiety :|

my gp is not very helpfull, he just tells me to go out more get a job and that will cure me! The problem is i simply can not do that! like i say i struggle just to leave the house so how does he expect me to get a job? its like they just think its a phase because u have been out of work for a long time i just need to get back into work and i will then be cured but its much much much deeper than that

i dont know what to do anymore i am trying to find other people who feel like me who can offer me some advice w:|

·
SAS Newbie
327 Posts
I have suffered from anxiety my entire life i am now 29 and its got worse over the years.I find it difficult to leave the house, depending on how im feeling on any given day determines if i can leave the house or not, some days i feel so bad i simply can not face going out, i feel axicous just walking past windows in my own house because i think people are looking at me in through my windows:|

i find it difficult to talk on the phone and avoid doing so at all costs, i mostly only go out at night when its dark as i feel more comfortable and i also drive for miles to go to specific shops as i only feel comfortable to go into certain shops i cant go to my local shop because its always really busy and my axiety becomes really bad,

They thing i dont get is logical i KNOW the way i am is stupid and people probably are not looking at me but i still cant help feeling this way i just dont get it :|

The most frustrating part of this for me is that i am unable to work due to this some days i can not face going outside of my front door the idea of going to work is totaly unthinkable for me! the way mental heath is currently i would starve to death and die in my house before i could face going to work everyday

I feel like people just think i dont want to work and that i am lazy but this is so far from the truth i am not lazy at all i just suffer from really bad anxiety :|

my gp is not very helpfull, he just tells me to go out more get a job and that will cure me! The problem is i simply can not do that! like i say i struggle just to leave the house so how does he expect me to get a job? its like they just think its a phase because u have been out of work for a long time i just need to get back into work and i will then be cured but its much much much deeper than that

i dont know what to do anymore i am trying to find other people who feel like me who can offer me some advice w:|
http://www.socialanxietyinstitute.org/

·
Registered
281 Posts
Maybe try talking to a therapist/counselor if your GP isn't being very helpful and supportive. Just having someone to talk to that can help you through your problems could start making a big difference.
I know what you mean with feeling like people assume you're lazy because you don't work. I need to go out and get a job myself but it seems like the hardest thing to do with my anxiety. I just stopped looking a few weeks back and since then I've been trying to understand why SA is holding me back and figure out how I can improve it. I've been working on it with other parts of my life that are less demanding and it's working so far. So I'd recommend taking small steps with getting better and slowly work your way up to the hardest parts. You could work on getting rid of your anxiety with talking on the phone, maybe stop avoiding the local shop every time and go there once a week, just small things that will start building your confidence with these situations. Hope it all works out for you :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts