Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently living in the midwest and all the pubs would play college basketball but no world cup soccer. The US team isn't that bad, so why are there so few fans?

·
Occasionally Bannned
1,889 Posts
I had to take off 2 hours early to get a table for Ghana game in DFW area. Standing room only (and not much of it) at kickoff.

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
Getting better, but we've still got to deal with a lot of imbeciles.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had to take off 2 hours early to get a table for Ghana game in DFW area. Standing room only (and not much of it) at kickoff.
Nice! Wish it was like that here. Staying in northern Indiana currently and wish it was a bit more soccer enthusiastic.
But, just saw folks in panda express glued to the little tv for the Germany-Nigeria match...:)
Looking forward to tomorrow's game!

·
Watching you from afar...
207 Posts
I can't offer up an answer aside from it just not being part of our culture. Hell, I played soccer in high school and even I don't really care about it.

·
No longer good at posting
1,233 Posts
Actually, it seems like Americans are caring about football/soccer now more than ever. There's something about this year's world cup that really stands out. I don't think it's simply because we have a decent team or whatever, but maybe we're finally being influenced by the rest of the world. I'm not even much of a spectator, I'd much rather play sports competitively, but even I'm finding myself hooked on the sport before the world cup even started. I started watching games on the beIN sports channel which grabbed my interest.

I seriously don't understand why baseball is considered to be so great. It's more boring than golf to me, and football/soccer has them both beat by a long shot. Maybe part of the problem is that we are so awkward in what to call the sport. America is kind of in it's own little sports world :b

·
Sleep in Sanity
540 Posts
^ I agree, that's all I'm hearing/reading about. even CNN jumped on the bandwagon and hardly report any news, just the US team. it's kinda annoying me how many people in the US care about soccer now when they didn't before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts