Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you download a song does it sometimes stop loading before it gets the whole thing?
I mean I will try to download like a 4 minute song and before it finishes the download it will stop the download and start to play the song but only half of it or less is on there, like 2 minutes of it. Every now and then I get some of these.
(Later I try to download the whole thing and it will get the whole song.)

I don't understand why it does this. I haven't been knocked offline. I do have dial-up which is slow and so I get pretty frustrated at this happening. I get the songs from a free website. Anyway has anybody had this problem and what do you suppose it is? :con

·
Registered
435 Posts
some websites have crappy service and the file transfer gets cut off for one reason or another... has happened to me before... but not for a while... though i don't download much from the web anymore.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You can use a program like Flashget to download the file and if the server allows it, it can continue broken downloads, whereas most download managers in browsers fail or restart if they encounter a problem.

·
Registered
435 Posts
now that i think about it, i stopped having that problem ever since i switched to firefox :D try that, or try a download manager like talisman said :)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I agree that Firefox downloading is more stable, and I'm almost certain it supports resuming, too.

Internet Explorer's file download function hasn't changed much in 10 years, so just about anything is an improvement :)

-Ryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts