Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just cannot cope with seeing people, specifically couples.

I had to go to the bank today, and there are so many people together outside.

Why do i feel so worthless!?

I know i shouldn't compare etc, but i still do it. If only i didn't think about it, but argh! If they are all out and about, i can't avoid it.

I feel so embarrased, desperate, uncomfortable.

How come they find it sooo easy, it's the hardest thing in the world to find a partner. What the hell!?

:afr I just CANNOT deal with it. I cant see myself ever being able to find love.

Sure it could be "negative thoughts", but seriously, i must be so rubbish to not be able to get what most others have.

Damn its intimidating and extremely discouraging.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The only time I go out is when I go to the movies or need new books. So I have a route planned through the mall no spontaneous shoe shopping or crazy-normal things like that. But then... I forget its Saturday afternoon movie-date time or Sunday afternoon couple-brunch time or whatever. Couples are everywhere looking happy and in love. And there am I. Spock with twitches and sweat running out every pore. It evokes envy and sadness and yearning and self-pity and self-doubt... Well I could go on forever but essentially I turn into this negative emotion puddle. Still trying to figure a way to get handle it with my therapist. When this miraculous occassion will occur I am not sure but I'll keep trying cos bloody hell we are better than this. :yes

·
Banned
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only time I go out is when I go to the movies or need new books. So I have a route planned through the mall no spontaneous shoe shopping or crazy-normal things like that. But then... I forget its Saturday afternoon movie-date time or Sunday afternoon couple-brunch time or whatever. Couples are everywhere looking happy and in love. And there am I. Spock with twitches and sweat running out every pore. It evokes envy and sadness and yearning and self-pity and self-doubt... Well I could go on forever but essentially I turn into this negative emotion puddle. Still trying to figure a way to get handle it with my therapist. When this miraculous occassion will occur I am not sure but I'll keep trying cos bloody hell we are better than this. :yes
Lol, yeah, i hope we can make it eventually.

I think its just because its almost the summer, and with nice weather, it brings more people outside.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I cant see myself ever being able to find love.

Sure it could be "negative thoughts", but seriously, i must be so rubbish to not be able to get what most others have.

Damn its intimidating and extremely discouraging.
I feel the same way. I don't think I will never find love. It's frustrating because I know that if I weren't so nervous and could just get myself out there I could find a decent guy. I hate having SA, but who doesn't lol.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I feel the same way. I don't think I will never find love. It's frustrating because I know that if I weren't so nervous and could just get myself out there I could find a decent guy. I hate having SA, but who doesn't lol.
but do they like, hit on you, or you just plain avoid them before they have a chance ?

·
Registered
155 Posts
but do they like, hit on you, or you just plain avoid them before they have a chance ?
Sometimes they hit on me, but most of the time I keep my hair in face and my head down and that sends a signal of "leave me alone." I freak out when people look at me and I try to avoid anyone noticing me.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,710 Posts
Jealousy, insecurity, and anxiety is my worst enemy when it comes to seeing couples.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Same here. Thing is I like walking, and jogging. Problem is, so often when doing this I pass couples. It's so common you know. Man meets woman, the two become a couple. What's the fuss ?

It's supposed to be simple. But its not.

The only thing more annoying than this, was the time I was walking home with this girl, and her boyfriend ( a bus driver ), gave us a lift.

Those were the longest 10 minutes of my life. Having what you've always wanted ( female companionship) dangling in front your eyes for 10 minutes... isn't fun-- especially if it is a girl you yourself had a crush on.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sometimes it hits me so hard. Especially when I go to school to do my exams (I dont go there even monthly nowadays) and see the faces of my coursemates... I feel so alone, so failed :(

·
Registered
227 Posts
I hate seeing couples sometimes.
it just reminds me that i have been single and for way too long. i mean im happy for some of them but it still hurts sometimes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts