Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
grease
2 Posts
yup...i am from india and i get that a lot...but then i just cleanse my face...put on some lemon facepack and drink a cup of chai latte....afta 20 minutes my skin glows really well so much so it does not give me a hard time for the rest of the day

·
happy i dodged a bullet
5,347 Posts
Lol no, I love my tan-brown skin...its beautiful to me and others too. 😊

·
Registered
640 Posts
No, I'm Bengali American but race is not something I'm insecure about, thank god. What sucks is when people treat you differently because of it. I get all anxious thinking "Did I do something wrong or is this person just racist or does this have nothing to do with me at all?"

I'm so freakin glad there are other people of color on this forum. I'm tired of all the threads about how "racism doesn't exist" and whatnot.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
11 Posts
Growing up in a predominantly white county has made me very insecure about my appearance. I was bullied throughout school because I was the only non white person until late middle school. In addition being only half hispanic and half white it has made it very hard to feel like I fit in anywhere.

·
happy i dodged a bullet
5,347 Posts
No, I'm Bengali American but race is not something I'm insecure about, thank god. What sucks is when people treat you differently because of it. I get all anxious thinking "Did I do something wrong or is this person just racist or does this have nothing to do with me at all?"

I'm so freakin glad there are other people of color on this forum. I'm tired of all the threads about how "racism doesn't exist" and whatnot.
Posted via Mobile Device
yes , I'm also glad I dont have issues with my complexion. I remember watching a documentary called colored girls and black girls as young as 10 resenting their complexion...its so sad..

I love mine thru and thru...but I agree with you said abt being glad other members of color are on this thread... Itd be too much bull ish to fight alone 😃

·
Is that what day it is?
8,078 Posts
I don't know if this has any weight but I've always thought women of all colors were beautiful. I'd say men to but yea, I don't roll that way home dog

·
Registered
27 Posts
I understand how you feel. For a large portion of my life, I've felt hideous. And a lot of that had to do with racial insecurity. It took me a while (22 years to be exact) to begin to love my brown skin, curly hair and plump lips. It's a journey and it's ****ed up that we're made to be insecure about being non-white. But the journey is beautiful - to wake up one day and be content with what you see in the mirror.

·
Banned
6,090 Posts
I would give anything, ****ing anything to be white.

Please. PLEASE..

·
Banned
7,263 Posts
The worst is when you are a mix of asian and white and you come out with pasty white skin and a small asian penis. That person is me.

·
Registered
105 Posts

Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah I get anxious too about people treating me differently because I don't look white.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Yeah I get anxious too about people treating me differently because I don't look white.
In real life I don't get this because I grew up in an area where whites and hispanics were about equal in numbers and i felt comfortable being me.

But online (specially in only games) I'm afraid to plug in my mic or something because they might realize im not white and get all racist and stuff.

·
Planet
4,500 Posts
I feel ugly because I'm short. God i would seriously kill just to be average height.
https://www.reddit.com/r/confession/comments/3joeih
better?

though it kinda gives you an idea of how rare it is for women to feel that way, so much so in fact, that it's a "confession" as if you are doing something wrong to have that preference :lol

as for the race stuff...people of all races can be attractive to others of their respective race, but I understand how you feel since I myself have this idea in my head of what an attractive male should look like, and they are fair skinned whites, I'm technically white myself but my skin tone is kinda dark :/

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
https://www.reddit.com/r/confession/comments/3joeih
better?

though it kinda gives you an idea of how rare it is for women to feel that way, so much so in fact, that it's a "confession" as if you are doing something wrong to have that preference :lol

as for the race stuff...people of all races can be attractive to others of their respective race, but I understand how you feel since I myself have this idea in my head of what an attractive male should look like, and they are fair skinned whites, I'm technically white myself but my skin tone is kinda dark :/
no, I ended up bumping into this while on that sub reddit

god! i hate being short, it's like being born really fat, but you can't do anything to make yourself thinner.

·
Planet
4,500 Posts

god! i hate being short, it's like being born really fat, but you can't do anything to make yourself thinner.
"manlets, when will they learn?"

seriously though, i know what sub you're talking about and whether there's a grain of truth or not in what they say, it doesn't change the fact it's likely only going to make your life worse to visit it.

·
SAS Member
43,971 Posts

Ew what a disgusting advert. As Marilyn Manson said though, you have to keep people fearful to consume. I prefer when they resort to giving away cute stuff instead.

·
Planet
4,500 Posts
I have Directv lmao.

-back on topic

So yeah, maybe i'll be a tall white guy in my next life.
The marketing department and the rest of the company aren't related, if it offers good services at reasonable prices and you can't find any better service, then by all means don't let this discourage you from using direct ad.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts