Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you put one up. I usually wait until after Thanksgiving, but I'm tempted to do it earlier this year so my parents can see it. They're visiting from out of state and won't be back for Christmas. I need to take down my Halloween decorations first though :b and clean my house.

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
I don't put one up since getting two cats. They would just destroy it. I use to have a fiber optic tree, but ended up giving it away. I could care less by Thanksgiving and the Christmas holidays. They are just another day for me except I don't have to go to work. My mother works the holidays, and my brother never comes for holidays. He is in the Air Force and is very busy.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
If I lived with someone who wanted to be all Christmas-y, I probably would...it would be fun to go out to my parents house, into the bushes, and find one to cut down.:yes But, as with most things, it's not as fun alone.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Well that is up to my parents but I will put some decorations up in the apartment

·
Gone
517 Posts
We usually put it up at the beginning of December, but now that we have a 9 month old puppy who likes to destroy things we probably won't be putting it up.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My cats are surprisingly well behaved around the Christmas tree, which is not to say they don't need to be chased off every once in awhile. I'm just glad I've never come home to a knocked over tree.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Usually, after Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
My Christmas is generally limited to being given a couple of gifts either in advance or after the fact by my mother, so no tree.

·
Sigh...
856 Posts
My family puts it up 1 week before Christmas.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I would love to put one up, but with me living alone and never having visitors, I've gotten to where I feel like it's not worth the effort.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would love to put one up, but with me living alone and never having visitors, I've gotten to where I feel like it's not worth the effort.
I understand. It is kind of sad to go through all that work for it not to be seen by anyone else. Almost makes me want to have a holiday party. Almost. But I would be lucky to come up with a guest list of more than four people.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I wish I still had Christmas spirit enought to care about a Christmas tree.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Sometime after Thanksgiving...that's what we usually do anyway

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,711 Posts
after thanksgving

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I understand. It is kind of sad to go through all that work for it not to be seen by anyone else. Almost makes me want to have a holiday party. Almost. But I would be lucky to come up with a guest list of more than four people.
Me too...I would love to have a little get-together but have no one to invite besides co-workers and family. I see enough of them as it is, so there's no fun in that...haha.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts